• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hyatt Orland- Crazy to walk to the world?

sonicblaze

Earning My Ears
i'm going to be going near the end of march. I'm wondering what everybody thinks. I mean, it's about 3 to 5 miles, and I'm 19. It's supposed to take 10 minutes by car. I'm on a budget and don't want to have to pay 6 dollars a day. Do you think it's crazy? How long do you think it would take?

If the hotel says it's 3-5 miles from WDW it probably means it's 3-5 miles from an entrance road to WDW, not a Theme Park. All the Parks are located off of what is essentially a highway system. The whole property is massive. It's not meant for walkers, no matter what your age.

For your safety, take a shuttle from the hotel and save your walking for within the Parks.

What I meant was. I've checked the actual distance on mapquest. The hotel is across from the entrance to celebration which is 5 miles from Downtown Disney.

My plan was to walk to downtown disney and then take advantage of the disney buses.

What do you think?

How long do you think it would take?

Thanks!

How can I put this, No.

You will be walking along side 4 lane highways or the interstate!

Traffic is nuts, this is not a place for pediastrians.

Take the Hyatt shuttle. Budget somewhere else.

Herc.

I just got back from a one night stay at the Hyatt Orlando. I inquired at the transportation desk about the shuttle to WDW and was given a schedule and a pass stamped "comp". The woman asked for my room # and I assumed it would be put on my bill. I thought about it later and realized I was never asked to sign a room charge for them. Sure enough, when I checked out there was no charge on the bill. I had booked the room at a substantial savings through Priceline ($45) so it wasn't a "perk" for paying full room price. Check with the hotel and see if there is normally a charge. I expected to pay $6, but was pleasantly surprised. I agree with other posters, it's too far and too busy a road to walk. Have fun!

Just got back from WDW today and saw your post. I would definitely spend the $6 to park or use a shuttle. Everyone is right in saying just how far it would be to walk. Wouldn't matter whether you were planning to go to Downtown Disney or any of the theme parks. Don't see why you couldn't drive to Downtown Disney and then use the bus service...? I'm not sure, but you don't have to pay to park there. Just my 2 cents! :)

Bonnie

I stayed at the Hyatt Orlando in November 2000 while attending a conference there. The Mears shuttle charged $6 round trip and functioned on a schedule, hitting all four parks and DD. It did not run late, so I had to take taxis from DD late at night (lots of fun at Comedy Club and Adventurer's Club). The experience was so aversive, I now insist on a car rental to control my own transportation.

Sonic, listen to everyone and don't try to walk. It is not the distance that everyone is concerned with, just your safety. All roads to WDW and DD are very high vehicular roadways that were not designed for pedestrians.

If you need to budget, consider taking public transit. Orange County runs a bus system called LYNX, that runs through Celebration (across Hwy 192 from Hyatt) and takes you directly to the TTC. The fare is $1.00 each way or you can buy a week-long pass (excludes Saturdays) for $10.00.

Here is a link to the bus route and map:

Orange County Lynx No. 56

Good luck, Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter