Hurricane watch 2018

I'm really hoping this is wrong as we'll be there then. I'll have to find my source again, but I saw something earlier this afternoon that they think Isaac may break up in the Caribbean over the next few days.

All eyes are understandably on Florence right now, but it's the height of hurricane season, so those of us travelling need to keep an eye out for other storms.

We fly out Saturday and I'm trying to keep up to date in case something with our flight changes or we need to rebook for a different week. I'll be thinking good thoughts for everyone in Florence's path.

Mike from Mike's Weather Page/ www.spaghettimodels.com said it is quite possible that Florence will pull Isaac north toward the Gulf. We just have to wait and see.

Prayers to all those impacted by Florence. Unfortunately, Isaac models are not getting better for Florida although it is still early and they have been wrong many times before.

Latest GFS prediction shows Isaac strengthening from TS into Hurricane. Below picture is their prediction for 2:00am on Friday the 21st.

[GALLERY=]View attachment 350505

And I had just started to calm down a bit about this storm...sigh.

Prayers to all those impacted by Florence. Unfortunately, Isaac models are not getting better for Florida although it is still early and they have been wrong many times before.

Latest GFS prediction shows Isaac strengthening from TS into Hurricane. Below picture is their prediction for 2:00am on Friday the 21st.

[GALLERY=]View attachment 350505

We have to be very careful using the GFS. It is a very INCONSISTENTCapture.JPG model.

Here is the latest run of the GFS out JUST now the same time as the previous run and NO STORM AT ALL!!!

I actually think starting next week the Tropics will shutdown very quickly.

From next week until 1st week of October I am thinking we wont see much at all in the tropics. After an active period like we are having right now usually there is a break for couple of weeks.

What will October bring? Very hard to tell at this point. I highly doubt October will be as busy as this Sept. Could see 1 or 2 more storms pop up in October.

We checked into our hotel in Georgia a little while ago. No traffic or gas issues getting here. We have the news on and I see that Georgia is in a state of emergency now also.

We saw a convoy of line-men traveling north on 81 around the Tennessee border and two disaster relief trailers traveling south. I have heard 95 north is a parking lot so it seems 81 and 75 are much better ways around.

There are two couples in our hotel who are evacuees. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected!

Don't borrow worry about Isaac; it's FAR too early to tell where it's going. Yeah, it could hit Florida, it very well could miss, also. NHC (National Hurricane Center) won't make predictions more than 5 days out. Here's a link to the current computer models, which agree that Isaac will continue low and west for the next 5 days, then the models turn to spaghetti because they can't predict.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2018/tropical-storm-isaac?map=ensemble

We're heading to Disney later this month, and I've told the family that we're going, hurricane or no hurricane. (A major hurricane might make me change my mind, but it would take a lot)

Oh, and for anyone watching the ATL weather because of the airport, WSBTV is a station that's local to Atlanta. Their weather app has forecasts entered by people, not computers, so it tends to be a little more reliable as far as forecasts go.

So glad to see that Flo has los strength and looks like it won’t be as bad as previously thought. Still going to effect lots of people but hoping that all of our prayers and thoughts have been helping all in a difficult time.

Don't borrow worry about Isaac; it's FAR too early to tell where it's going. Yeah, it could hit Florida, it very well could miss, also. NHC (National Hurricane Center) won't make predictions more than 5 days out. Here's a link to the current computer models, which agree that Isaac will continue low and west for the next 5 days, then the models turn to spaghetti because they can't predict.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2018/tropical-storm-isaac?map=ensemble

We're heading to Disney later this month, and I've told the family that we're going, hurricane or no hurricane. (A major hurricane might make me change my mind, but it would take a lot)

Oh, and for anyone watching the ATL weather because of the airport, WSBTV is a station that's local to Atlanta. Their weather app has forecasts entered by people, not computers, so it tends to be a little more reliable as far as forecasts go.
That’s exactly the kind of weather forecast I want! Thanks!

Good luck with your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!