Hurricane Irene cancelled my Wood Badge Course!

DisDadDoc

<font color=red>DDC #403<br><font color=royalblue>
Supposed to do the first weekend of my Wood Badge course this weekend, but they cancelled it due to the storm. Then they rescheduled the second weekend to the only dates this fall that I couldn't make work. :headache: I understand, but it doesn't make me any less mad. I was really looking forward to it! :mad:

Now I have to wait to next year...

Supposed to do the first weekend of my Wood Badge course this weekend, but they cancelled it due to the storm. Then they rescheduled the second weekend to the only dates this fall that I couldn't make work. :headache: I understand, but it doesn't make me any less mad. I was really looking forward to it! :mad:

Now I have to wait to next year...

Well that blows... (pun intended)

Sorry to see that. Next year will be that much better for you with another year to anticipate it.

Well that blows... (pun intended)

That stinks Chris. I'm sorry.

:sad2:

Sorry to see that. Next year will be that much better for you with another year to anticipate it.

Thanks, guys!

Part of the reason that I'm so disappointed was the I was hoping to get some perspective on the "relational aggression" in our Troop. I've already met with the Troop's leadership once formally about this and have had a number of informal discussions with parents and council reps. I was hoping to get some local insight into the dynamics that might help me salvage things, but I'm thinking more and more that I may need to just cut bait and move on to another Troop in the area. Too bad, because as it stands right now, I wouldn't recommend that any of our cub scouts cross over to that Troop (and I'm Committee Chair and Webelos 2 den leader for the Pack). Interestingly, a couple of years ago, the Scoutmaster for our Pack chose not to join the Troop in town (and I've later found for similar reasons).

Is there another neighboring council that has the Woodbadge program scheduled for weekends you are able to make it to?

Is there another neighboring council that has the Woodbadge program scheduled for weekends you are able to make it to?

I thought of that! Thanks! There is one about an hour away that I could do (if it hasn't filled up), but I was hoping to do it with my local council. Haven't decided whether I should just wait a year... :confused3 Thoughts?

You're a scout. Can't you make a wooden badge? :rolleyes1

Just kiddin. Sorry to hear that this puts you off for a year. That sux.

I thought of that! Thanks! There is one about an hour away that I could do (if it hasn't filled up), but I was hoping to do it with my local council. Haven't decided whether I should just wait a year... :confused3 Thoughts?

I could see pros and cons to it. If you have a regular group of leaders that you were going to be in the Woodbadge class with, it would be hard to go over to a different council to take the training. However, it would also be an opportunity to make new connections within the scouting community.

You may also get some more varied (does that sound right?) perspective on the "relational aggression" problem you've been encountering. Seems you've already talked with people within your council, perhaps the people in the other council may have had similar experiences and are able to pass along some ideas.

Personally, I think I'd go wherever the course was available. Even if that meant going to the next council over. But that's just my take on things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter