• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hurricane Frances

Talking Hands

<font color=purple><b>|,,|/</b> DEAF DISNEY LOVER<
We are waiting for Hurricane Frances to come. House is all boarded and everything is secured. What really sucks is we have a had a problem with our electricity not being at full power since Monday. Called electrician and FPL. FPL has never responded to our calls and the problem still exists. My access to information about the hurricane is severely limited as my tty, PC, one amplified phone and my sound system were blown out by this electrical problem.
Sometimes we have enough electricity for the tv but most of the time we do not.
It is truly scary to sit here and wait without information.

{{{{hugs}}}}
Pixie Dust and prayers for the people in the path of the storm.
From the news we've gotten, it sounds especially frustrating since many of the people waiting fro Frances were just getting their electricity, etc back after the last storm.

Thanks Sue. I am having a hard time dealing with the pain right now. I don't want to take to much pain meds as it messes up my thinking. My daughter's idioy boss decided to keep the restaurant open and wants her to come to work. She is refusing so far.
A friend is out in the storm reporting it. If you see Diana Diaz on tv that is her. I feel scared for her safety everytime I see her.

I'll keep an eye out for your friend, but I'll only see her if she shows up on the CNN coverage.
I've been watching CNN and the Weather Channel. It doesn't sound like anyone should be out unless they absolutely need to. It's really amazing how bad the edge of the storm is (as I write this, it has not hit land and what's on TV is just the leading edge of the storm). To anyone who is in the path, sending some prayers and pixie dust for a safe next few days.

Talking Hands, you and everyone have our prayers. Check in when you can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter