Humid but light crowds at the park today (+ park pics!)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
It’s a little humid today at DL, which is a rarity. But crowds are relatively light. Oddly, they let us through the front gates today without a countdown. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen before.

I was first in line for PP this morning but there were some kids and their mom behind me and they seemed to be disappointed with second in line so I let them take my place :-). I’ll usually do that if the kids seem nice (and they usually do :-)).

This is my first time at the park in three weeks and it’s wonderful to be back. I absolutely crushed Buzz this morning. On my first ride, I scored 2,096,000. One point more and my score would have been reset; I would have lost everything, which has happened to me many times before. I’ve never done that well on the first ride of the day, which was a great way to start the morning!

More later...

22423C5A-2D9D-48C6-9BCB-F3893972CFAD.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s a little humid today at DL, which is a rarity. But crowds are relatively light. Oddly, they let us through the front gates today without a countdown. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen before.

I was first in line for PP this morning but there were some kids and their mom behind me and they seemed to be disappointed with second in line so I let them take my place :-). I’ll usually do that if the kids seem nice (and they usually do :-)).

This is my first time at the park in three weeks and it’s wonderful to be back. I absolutely crushed Buzz this morning. On my first ride, I scored 2,096,000. One point more and my score would have been reset; I would have lost everything, which has happened to me many times before. I’ve never done that well on the first ride of the day, which was a great way to start the morning!

More later...

View attachment 337042

View attachment 337043
That happened to my son when we were there, the score reset. Now I can tell him what the threshold number is before the reset, so he can avoid that happening in the future. Sadly, it will be at least a year before he gets to play again on our next trip.

BLUE RIBBION DAY!!!!! for Wonka Kid, spreading good will, one lost boy at a time.....so yes give a big CROW!!!! Though I am surprised about your humidity observation, if humid in Disneyland...........what was it like the last two weeks for you?

It was wonderful. We rode all our favorites multiple times and ended our short day with getting absolutely drenched on Splash Mountain. Left about 11:30 but even then Main Street was easily walkable and the M&F tram line was nothing.

...Though I am surprised about your humidity observation, if humid in Disneyland...........what was it like the last two weeks for you?

This is my first time back in three weeks :-). I was home in Chicago for a bit. I hear it was hot in my absence but wasn’t aware of any humidity. In my five-year experience of SoCal, humidity is uncommon.

This is my first time back in three weeks :-). I was home in Chicago for a bit. I hear it was hot in my absence but wasn’t aware of any humidity. In my five-year experience of SoCal, humidity is uncommon.

that is what i was referencing, .....your stay the last weeks in Chicago.....or does the lake prevent any humidty ? Humdity is one of those funny weather experinces. New York humdity is every pore is wet, while here in Yuma , the humidty is here, but not clothing drenching like new york.

We were there last Sunday and the crowds were light as well. PP was 20 minutes at one point. Sunday appears to be the day to visit! Anaheim felt humid most of last week.

that is what i was referencing, .....your stay the last weeks in Chicago.....or does the lake prevent any humidty ?

Ah, gotcha. Alas, humidity is a big challenge in Chicago. It often makes going outside unbearable. There were several hot and humid days while I was home but fortunately, there were also three in a row that were fantastic -- low 70s, which is virtually unheard of during a Chicago July. We have a temperature range of about 200 degrees. I've experience sweltering summer days where the mercury has topped 100 and I've nearly died of exposure in five seconds when the windchill has plummeted to -100. Chicago is my home town and I love it, but the seasons there are almost as scary as the mob ;-).

We were there this past week - I looked for your name on the top scores, just in case! Thanks for the tips, I kicked my DS & DH's butts! They were totally shocked (I lose, by a lot, when we do Buzz in WDW :D ). No where close to your score, but I won!
View attachment 337064

Which was your score? The 70,100? Whichever it was, congratulations!

As as aside, a friend who I often do Buzz with broke 1M today for his first time. In fact, he hit 1.5M, which nearly doubled his previous high score.

And a few more... Gotta have three of four from Buzz ;-).

IMG_6340.JPG

IMG_6342.JPG

IMG_6343.JPG

IMG_6352.JPG

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6358.JPG

For the sake of clarity and being above-board, a few times my pic(s) came through without a score (or, indeed, not at all). So: in a few cases, I wasn't able to claim credit for my score, so I edited the image below to that it accurately reflects my performance today.
IMG_6360.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter