• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hulk open?

The Incredible Hulk reopened Wednesday morning (9/12) at park opening. All maintenance is complete and there are no further scheduled closures.

Great work to the IOA Ride & Show techs and the outside contractors who were able to complete all work on schedule. Also, thanks to all other tech departments at Universal who spent both Monday & Tuesday in and around the Hulk cleaning/repainting/and replacing - the place looks like new!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Universal Maintenance (and whoever else was involved) are doing a great job of keeping on top of things!

9/15/01 for the first time i heard the GAMMA TUBE CONTAMINATED phrase at the bottom of the gamma ray tube. Maybe the rehab fixed a speaker that was not working for a while. Of course it could have been cause there were so few pople there that the noise level was low enough i could hear the speaker:bounce:

Does anyone have any details on exactly what was fixed/painted/whatever? Just purely out of curiosity.

I could smell fresh paint in the station, and the over-the-shoulder harnesses of the train I was on looked like new. It also seemed to be a smoother ride, but that might have been my imagination.

Some of the harnesses seem to have chunks bitten out of them. I hope some of the harnesses got fixed! Don't get high off the paint fumes. :)

Yeah, I had noticed that prior to the rehab, most of the harnesses were pretty ratty and torn up on the inside, next to your head. I don't know if they were like that on all the trains or only on certain ones, or if they were fixed during the rehab. All I know is the one train I rode in after the rehab had harnesses that were good as new :).

No rehab needed for that, the harness pads are being replaced on a cycle basis. They are pretty pricey. The rehab was two days long and was followup work from the shutdown a couple of months ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter