Huge disappointment with PhotoPass

LG2

Mouseketeer
I am very disappointed with PhotoPass in Disneyland and DCA. There were very few photographers the week of August 20th, so we didn't get many pictures. In Cars Land, a photographer was unorganized and did not have an orderly wait line. She said she doesn't do that, she is just a photographer.
On the Radiator Springs Racers, our group rode in two cars. I was in the second car and as we approached the unloading area, there was an interruption and stoppage of the cars. When we finally exited and went to see our photo on the screen, we waited 10-15 minutes and realized we missed the showing of our photo, so we didn't get the number to add to PhotoPass. At least the first car made it through before the interruption and we have their photo. If I didn't get a good military discount for the package, I would have felt cheated.

If I didn't get a good military discount

How does the military discount work for photo pass? Just curious, we've bought salute tickets. I was thinking we would do 1 day with maxpass and utilize that day for photopass.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

You can send in a comment to Disney to express your disappointment with your PP experience. With all the budget cutting that happened at the end of DLR's fiscal year, PP got hit pretty hard. There are more PP CMs out now that Halloween Time and the new fiscal year have started. PP CMs usually don't handle lines -- there is usually a second CM to handle the lines and crowd control. Otherwise, guests are expected to behave themselves and cooperate with each other. As far as your RSR experience, you can retrieve a missed photo by asking the CM at the photo desk about it. Describe your car (color, number of passengers, approximate time since you exited the ride, etc.) and what the passengers were wearing. The CM should be able to find your photo with the number by scrolling through the photos on the desk monitor. We've been able to retrieve our ride photos that way in the past. Or we take a photo of a car we recognize as being near us (maybe we recognize the passengers because the exited just ahead of us) and use that photo number when we call the PP help line. At least that number will help the CMs know where to start looking for our photo. At the time (day of), you might have been able to call PP for help with this, but after this much time, they may not be able to help.

Last edited:
when I had to have a photo tracked down for Radiator Springs, the two things that helped the CM track it down were
1. approximate time
2. whether you went through the paint shop or tire shop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!