• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hubby needs help with convention hotel

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
These are the official hotels for a convention my husband will be attending in Orlando. He won't be going to WDW or anything. He's just wondering which hotel is the nicest. Can you recommend from the following list?

AmeriSuites Conv. Ctr.
Days Inn Conv. Ctr.
Embassy Suites South Intl. Dr.
Hampton Inn Conv. Ctr.
Hawthorn Suites
Homewood Suites
Howard Johnson Plaza
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Conv. Ctr.
Peabody
Quality Inn Plaza .
Radisson Barcelo
Red Roof Inn
Residence Inn Conv. Ctr.
Rosen Centre
Rosen Plaza
Sheraton World Resort
Sierra Suites-Pointe
Springhill Suites by Marriott
Travelodge Orlando South
Wyndham Orlando Resort

If convention is at the Orange County Convention Center I would go with Embassy and then the Rosen for nice and very convenient....Nice to have these choices..Ted

I have not stayed at any of these hotels, but just going by bits and pieces I have picked up up about Orlando,

I would choose Residence Inn, one of the Rosen hotels, or Embassy Suites.

Herc.

I've attended two Conventions in the area, the last one in December. Here's my take on these choices:

AmeriSuites Conv. Ctr.
- New suite hotel. Good if he wants a little extra room.
Days Inn Conv. Ctr.
- Most DI's in the area are not highly rated.
Embassy Suites South Intl. Dr.
- Nice choice.
Hampton Inn Conv. Ctr.
- I've stayed at another HI locally and they offer clean, standard hotel rooms.
Hawthorn Suites
- Another suites hotel choice. Have separate bedrooms/LR-kitchen areas. New
Homewood Suites
- Similar to Hawthorne, new.
Howard Johnson Plaza
- No
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Conv. Ctr.
- New hotel with business travelers in mind.
Peabody
- Right across from the Convention Center. One of the top hotels in the area. Great service, on-site restaurants.
Quality Inn Plaza .
- Older hotel, more for budget family travel.
Radisson Barcelo
- Friends stayed here in December and they liked it. Conveniently located near the Convention Center.
Red Roof Inn
- No
Residence Inn Conv. Ctr.
- New
Rosen Centre
- Also houses many Convention goers. Great business service center, like Peabody. Walk to Convention Center. Two of my friends stayed here in December and were not happy with the way the staff handled a room emergency (flooding).
Rosen Plaza
- Next to Rosen Plaza. Good service.
Sheraton World Resort
- Very nice. Large complex with nice pool area, recreation.
Sierra Suites-Pointe
- Good, basic one room suites. Rooms have data ports. Very clean rooms, good staff. Pointe Orlando is a block from the Convention Center and has restaurants, shops and clubs.
Springhill Suites by Marriott
- New suite hotel. Nice choice.
Travelodge Orlando South
- No
Wyndham Orlando Resort
- No. Friends stayed here a few years ago and I saw the complex and rooms. The room my friend was in smelled moldy. The complex is older and at the far end of I-Drive, near tacky t-shirt shops.

My vote is for the Embassy Suites South (Convention Center). He will be very comfortable there (both an indoor and an outdoor pool if he gets a chance, plus a separate bedroom from the LR/Kitchenette area). The breakfast will amaze him (and it's included in the rate). They also have an evening hospitality time, but we never participated in that. We've stayed there and absolutely love the place.

I love this board!!! You guys are great. Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter