HS Toy Story Mania: [Merged Threads]

terri01p

DIS Veteran
Ok, I'm just now reading that HS is opening a new ride in May, does anyone have any information on it being wheelchair accessible or not ? TIA

Since it is 100% new contruction I am very sure it will be compliant with ADA and accessible.

Did I misunderstand, is this going to be a ride like buzz light year ? Or is this something different ?

The pictures and models I have seen look very similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride cars. So, I am very confident that the Toy Store Mania ride will probably have ride cars that are similar to the ones on Buzz.
In our experience, the Buzz wheelchair car works very well, with very few problems and the CMs at Buzz are usually able to load and unload a wheelchair without stopping the moving walkway. In fact, there have been times when they did not even need to slow it to get DD's wheelchair in or out. That, in itself, makes me think they would choose to use a ride car of that type.

There are cast previews coming up late next week. I intend to go and ride and will report back.

Toy Story Mania does not use the "Omnimover" system (Haunted Mansion or Buzz Lightyear). Instead, it will use large single cars with back to back seating based on pictures and concept arts. So, normally, they should have at least one car which is capable of accepting wheelchairs.

I actually found a picture of an actual ride car, taken during testing: http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_midway_mania_3.htm

Toy Story Mania does not use the "Omnimover" system (Haunted Mansion or Buzz Lightyear). Instead, it will use large single cars with back to back seating based on pictures and concept arts. So, normally, they should have at least one car which is capable of accepting wheelchairs.

I actually found a picture of an actual ride car, taken during testing: http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_midway_mania_3.htm
Thanks for the picture. I just saw some drawings and really rough stuff.
It looks like they could have a fold down ramp kind of similar to what it on Where's Nemo?
Do you know how the ride cars will move?

Sue: you are welcome and glad you like the pictures.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/toystorymania/index
That is the official Toy Story Mania. DCA has a marquee that read Midway Mania. The behind the scenes video shows it is seats that are back to back though the construction is so that the other people behind you cannot see what you are doing. Each car is coupled to another so that 8 riders take off at one time. There are some fun games to play at the site also.

http://www.studioscentral.com/midway.html
Now this site has a lot of info.

http://www.mkt3000.com/files/NorthHalf1stFloor.jpg
a layout of the floorplan

Since this ride uses 3-D glasses that I assume are the same kind as the ones in the Muppet movie, does anybody know if Disney disinfects the glasses after each use? :p

On another board recently someone who works at a 3D attraction told us that all the 3D glasses are used only once per day. They are taken to a central location for cleaning/disinfecting and are then placed on trays. They are issued from the trays.

As you may have noticed when departing, they are just dumped into barrels (actually with large plastic bags) and so they are dumped out where the automatic machinery will clean and stack them.

How it worked at Disneyland Paris at Honey, I Shrunk the Audience:

After each show, the cast member at the exit grabbed the bags filled with used glasses. They're brought in backstage where he counts them, then arrange them in racks with a fixed number of glasses per rack (can't remember how many, sorry). Those racks are then put in a machine where they're steam cleaned, then dipped in water, then cleaned with some kind of soap, then dipped in water again and then dried. Before each new show, cast members bring out the correct number of cases out. They also got boxes of brand new glasses when they're running low on cleaned ones.

Since this ride uses 3-D glasses that I assume are the same kind as the ones in the Muppet movie, does anybody know if Disney disinfects the glasses after each use? :p

Just verifying what the other posters have said. 3-D glasses are cleaned after each use. If you ever take the UnDiscovered Futureworld tour of Epcot you will get to see the machine that is used!

On another board recently someone who works at a 3D attraction told us that all the 3D glasses are used only once per day. They are taken to a central location for cleaning/disinfecting and are then placed on trays. They are issued from the trays.

As you may have noticed when departing, they are just dumped into barrels (actually with large plastic bags) and so they are dumped out where the automatic machinery will clean and stack them.

Awesome, thanks!!! :goodvibes That truly sets me at ease. When I had to put the glasses in a bin that looked like the same type of bin they came from, I got a little worried. I also felt bad 'cause I'd put them on my service dog for a few seconds as a joke (I thought the glasses were keepers), so I wouldn't want somebody having to wear them after they'd been on a dog, lest they be allergic even though she's hypoallergenic. :3dglasses

FYI - saw this on another website in answer to a question about accessibility of this ride as you go up stairs in the regular line.

"Right before the stairs is a separate line that breaks off the main one that is for handicap access. It goes up a ramp onto the station platform. There is a separate loading area for the wheelchair accessible vehicle that is separated by track switches with the vehicle just waiting there ready to load. When it has been loaded, the track switch changes, and the WAV takes the place of a normal vehicle in the second load station. After the vehicle in the first load station is ready, off you go onto the ride. When you are done, the WAV will return to the special loading area for unloading and more loading. It really is very well thought out."

FYI - saw this on another website in answer to a question about accessibility of this ride as you go up stairs in the regular line.

"Right before the stairs is a separate line that breaks off the main one that is for handicap access. It goes up a ramp onto the station platform. There is a separate loading area for the wheelchair accessible vehicle that is separated by track switches with the vehicle just waiting there ready to load. When it has been loaded, the track switch changes, and the WAV takes the place of a normal vehicle in the second load station. After the vehicle in the first load station is ready, off you go onto the ride. When you are done, the WAV will return to the special loading area for unloading and more loading. It really is very well thought out."

Wow, that is a nice improvement. That means no more waiting until the accessible car cycles around unless the car is in use. Also it doesn't keep an empty car in the ride when the accessible car is not in use. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!