HS to MK - car or bus?

Eccle

Mouseketeer
We're planning on one of our days to hop between HS and MK. We will have driven to HS, are we better off just driving and getting the ferry or monorail from the TTC, or would be do better getting a bus which I think would drop us by the MK entrance? I'm not sure how frequent park to park buses are?

That's a personal decision and you'll get answers on both sides. It's a matter of how you feel about driving between the parks. Personally, you couldn't pay me to rely on WDW buses. I'm driving each and every time. But that's just my own opinion, doesn't mean buses are wrong.

If it was to any other park then we would definitely go with driving too, it was mainly thinking that bus might be much quicker if it bypassed going though the TTC. I always find it so time consuming getting in and out of MK!

Driving to Magic Kingdom is a pain. You park far away and then have to take a tram to the TTC then take a monorail, bus or ferry to the park. It can take a really long time. What are the hours for both parks? If Magic Kingdom is open a lot later than Hollywood Studios it might be a pain getting back to your car if you plan to stay until park close.

Driving to Magic Kingdom is a pain. You park far away and then have to take a tram to the TTC then take a monorail, bus or ferry to the park. It can take a really long time. What are the hours for both parks? If Magic Kingdom is open a lot later than Hollywood Studios it might be a pain getting back to your car if you plan to stay until park close.
Thank you, yes that was why I was wondering about the bus, especially as we are rope dropping HS so should be parked close to the front, whereas MK going in later we'd end up needing to use the tram too. We wouldn't be staying until close so shouldn't have any issues getting back as it would be during the afternoon so well within HS hours

Thank you, yes that was why I was wondering about the bus, especially as we are rope dropping HS so should be parked close to the front, whereas MK going in later we'd end up needing to use the tram too. We wouldn't be staying until close so shouldn't have any issues getting back as it would be during the afternoon so well within HS hours

Yep, another vote for bus right here.

Now, if you wanted to take a fun, scenic route - take the boat from HS to Epcot, enter though the International Gateway, walk up to park exit, and take the monorail to MK. Nice little bonus Epcot tour that way. But it will take at least twice as long, I'd guess. But you come in right by the UK pavilion and could grab a beer and enjoy it on your way out of the park. :-)

Park at MK, as close as possible to the Polynesian.
Walk to resort.
Bus to DHS (buses start around 6:30 AM.)
Bus from DHS-MK.

We're planning on one of our days to hop between HS and MK. We will have driven to HS, are we better off just driving and getting the ferry or monorail from the TTC, or would be do better getting a bus which I think would drop us by the MK entrance? I'm not sure how frequent park to park buses are?

My answer to that would depend on what time you are planning to leave at the end of the night, and when those two parks close.

On the trips when we drive, we generally plan to park at the park where we will end the day, especially if we are staying until park close.

How late are you planning to arrive at MK? We always use a rental car as it can save a ton of time. We like to hop in about 8 pm which is generally after the parking attendants leave. You can often park right up front as many of the guests that arrived early and got the best spots have already left for the day. This will put you within easy walking distance of the TTC and eliminate the tram ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter