HS before the madness

Tibuli

Earning My Ears
Hello....

So we are going to be in Disney August 23 to 30 due to low crowds( hahaha that didn’t work out well) but are planning to visit HS on the 26. We are only planning one day and I really would like to ride the toy story rides at least once. I was looking at the paid morning thing but it seems that is sold out. So what would your strategy be? We like to go back to the resort in the middle of the day but we are not going to any park the next day. Would the best plan be to get a fast pass for sdd and then do the other ones rope drop? Do u think there would be tickets for this open up three days before Star Wars opens?

My plan of action was/is just what you said. I would look for SDD very first on your FP day. I made mine for about 930 am. I hope to do the other 2 TS rides then Slinky. I dont know if the tiers will be changed yet on your day, but I got RRC and TOT for later morning/early afternoon

Hello....

So we are going to be in Disney August 23 to 30 due to low crowds( hahaha that didn’t work out well) but are planning to visit HS on the 26. We are only planning one day and I really would like to ride the toy story rides at least once. I was looking at the paid morning thing but it seems that is sold out. So what would your strategy be? We like to go back to the resort in the middle of the day but we are not going to any park the next day. Would the best plan be to get a fast pass for sdd and then do the other ones rope drop? Do u think there would be tickets for this open up three days before Star Wars opens?

People can cancel up to 2 days prior or maybe 24 hours. Keep checking. We did the EMM at HS and it was great to avoid the insanity. I’d go into stalker mode.

BTW-don’t feel bad. We booked free dining bounceback last year for 8/29-910 this year. I wanted to show my hubby how dead the parks are after schools start. The joke sure is on us!!

If you've only checked for emm online, call the Disney Desk and see if they can book a res for you. Happened to me once a few years ago. I spent three days trying to get EMM booked at Hollyweird. I called the desk a few times, and scored. Worth every penny, imo. Have done it a few times. You can CRUSH most of Hollywood by noon, and then just chill.

We're actually doing HS that day, too, and our FP window is already open.

Right now, for a party of 1, SDD is only available 6:45pm or 7:00pm. I just went in to check for you. Anyway, I would move your HS to later in your trip or plan to not have SDD.

Uggh that is exactly what I was afraid of that fast passes would already be gone. I do have a little flexibility but that is a Monday and I’m not sure Tuesday or Wednesday would be any better( the day before galaxy opens) I may have to beg my husband to spend the money and call. I just looked online because I was obsessing at 7 this morning

Be prepared to not get SDD. We are going 8/12-20 and I couldn’t get SDD until 60+4. Other people are having different luck but it was hard. We got it at 60+6 at 4:00pm earliest. Many people say to ride SDD at night during Fantasmic. The lights are really cool. Good luck!

If you can't get a FP for SDD you have several options:
1. RD, have to arrive about 60 minutes before park opening time. Would not expect the EMM crowd to change this much.
2. Ride at the end of the day. Wait times are often much lower, and if you don't have a park the next day, staying later doesn't matter much unless you wanted to see Fantasmic or the fireworks.
3. Keep checking FPs. They do become available, including the day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter