HRH vs. RPR - Security Checkpoint Efficiency

glamdring269

DIS Veteran
Do they still have security checkpoints between the hotels and CW? If so, I was just curious if anyone had experienced the ones at both HRH and RPR and had an opinion on whether one was more efficient than the other. Typically not a big deal but we like to rope drop and those lines can get a little ridiculous in the morning.

Do you mean when you take the boat or when you walk. If you are taking the boat, they are both about the same. If you are walking, I think the one at HRH is a little less busy but both lines are quite short. They all have the airport style screeners now.

Do you mean when you take the boat or when you walk. If you are taking the boat, they are both about the same. If you are walking, I think the one at HRH is a little less busy but both lines are quite short. They all have the airport style screeners now.

Thanks. When we went through from RPR last Christmas (2017) it took a really long time each morning. I seem to remember there being a whole lot of manual searching which is what made it take so long.

Thanks. When we went through from RPR last Christmas (2017) it took a really long time each morning. I seem to remember there being a whole lot of manual searching which is what made it take so long.

I've never experienced more than a couple of people in line but I've never been there at Christmas. Things seemed to move very quickly with the scanner machines when we were there this past November.

Last edited:

I think it sounds like security has changed since our last stay at PBH. We took the boat, the walk was too far. I think we just went to the entrance used by everyone? I can’t recall! Staying at RPH this time. So we go thru security at the boat dock? Where would you go thru if you walked? Is there a separate park entrance for on site hotel guests?
Thanks.

I think it sounds like security has changed since our last stay at PBH. We took the boat, the walk was too far. I think we just went to the entrance used by everyone? I can’t recall! Staying at RPH this time. So we go thru security at the boat dock? Where would you go thru if you walked? Is there a separate park entrance for on site hotel guests?
Thanks.

You’ll either go through the scanners at the boat dock or for RP there is a scanner to the side of Margaritaville for folks that walk.......takes seconds to go through.

Then you just join everyone else on the way into the parks.......no separate entrance for hotel guests except for when HHN is on.

For RP and SF i dont think they have any more manual searching unless they see something unusual - it is all scanners now and usually pretty quick
Once you get through that you are dont have to go through it again - so overall it is great- at Disney I have had to go through multiple times a day and in some cases twice just to get to Epcot - so once in the morning works out great

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter