HRH or RP?

Dagny

DIS Veteran
OOOhhhhh, I just can't decide. We are currently booked at the HRH from June 2 - June 7th. We have stayed there twice before and have really enjoyed our stay both times (although the mini-bar lady woke us up every morning at 8:00 sharp which was kinda annoying).

Anyway, Hubby and I have thought about trying the RP. I visited a friend who was staying there last August and thought the resort was very nice. The rooms do appear a bit smaller than those at the HRH, however.

We are traveling with two kids, ages 4 and 12. I know the pool at RP does not have a slide, but we will also be spending 7 nights in WDW at a resort that does so I don't think that would be a major concern for us at this point. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks in advance....

I haven't stayed at RPR YET!! But as you see I'll be there in May. We stayed at HRH 2 years ago and loved it. We like to try different places instead of go to the same place year after year .... so my advice is to try something new!

I agree with Debbie--try a new place! We stayed at HRH once and are staying at RP next month. I'd like to stay at PBH, but since we need two rooms for our family of 6 it gets expensive. My oldest is 15yo, though, so when she is on her own we'll go try PBH unless we get a great rate before that time.

I have stayed at all 3. We are staying at the RP again in three weeks!!!!! They are all really nice. The rooms are a bit smaller at the RP than the HRH. My fav is the HRH then the RP then the PBH.

At the RP we could look out the window and see the HULK, that was great, plus we were there during HHN and it was dark and foggy.....

I am looking forward to staying at the RP again.

Patty

We were at the RP in early March for the first time and loved it! I was questionning whether we should have stayed at the HRH because I have 2 teenagers and thought it might be more fun for them, but we made a point of visiting the resort to use the pool one afternoon and we all decided that we liked the whole 'feel' of the RP much better than the HRH. Can't really explain what it was, but I was expecting more I guess. Of course, we didn't see a room to make a comparison, but the view from Tower 3 at the RP (we had room 3512) couldn't be beat! You could just see the Hulk, Dr. Doom and the view of the pool and the lagoon was just picture perfect!

If you toured the HRH resort your kids got the best of it. The rooms are nice, but nothing great from a kids view. The pool is the thing with the kids and you did that. You did your job parent relax!

Well... we decided to switch our reservations to the RP :) thanks to everyone for their input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter