HP Sprocket, Canon Ivy, or something else (Re: Phone Printers)?

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
I love to use my life planner and think I would love the idea of printing photos off my phone for use in that. As well as other things. I've debated this for a few years now, but at age 40, it seems like a gift for a teenager so I've never taken the plunge. But my inlaws keep insisting they want suggestions for things we want and wouldn't buy ourselves. This seems to fit the bill. Anyone know which brand is best?

If you don't frequently use a color printer, the ink jets tend to clog and make a mess when printing. The replacement cartridges are also pricey and it seems that companies selling printers make most of their profit in replacement ink !!! Have tried some of those budget replacement cartridges and they were awful and not something I would buy again. They do sell laser color printers but unless money is no object, a VERY expensive solution for printing color at home.

I gave up on color printers and now just send photos to the drugstore or one of the various online photo printing places. Great prices and no issues with having a seldom used color printer that mostly sits idle.

For the occasional home black & white printing, I bought a Dell laser jet printer. Those ink cartridges are a dry powder so there are no issues when they sit idle between uses.

If you don't frequently use a color printer, the ink jets tend to clog and make a mess when printing. The replacement cartridges are also pricey and it seems that companies selling printers make most of their profit in replacement ink !!! Have tried some of those budget replacement cartridges and they were awful and not something I would buy again. They do sell laser color printers but unless money is no object, a VERY expensive solution for printing color at home.

I gave up on color printers and now just send photos to the drugstore or one of the various online photo printing places. Great prices and no issues with having a seldom used color printer that mostly sits idle.

For the occasional home black & white printing, I bought a Dell laser jet printer. Those ink cartridges are a dry powder so there are no issues when they sit idle between uses.
These are not the kind of printers they asked about. Sorry OP, I am even older than you LOL, and I don't have any of those, but they look like fun. We had a polaroid printer like that years ago on a cruise and printed sticker photos for our group throughout the trip and it was great fun. Everyone loved them.

Well if you are going to spend $130 on that Canon Sprocket that only prints 2x3 photos, it still makes sense to compare it to other printers for about the same money that are far more versatile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter