How's The Weather In Florida Now?

Orlando is getting a cold front this afternoon/evening which will drop temps into the 60s during the day and 40s at night and should last into next week. No snow for FL this time around.

Another strong cold front on the way today (Friday) and an ever stronger one middle of next week, we could see a freeze or a frost then, highs only in the upper 50s or lower 60s for the week ahead. Been a very cold month for Florida, for the 1st 12 days, only 3 that were in the normal range and now we get the next 7 below normal as well. Of course, that is relative to the snow, ice and cold most of the rest of the country is feeling.

Proof on how wrong the weather channel is, they predicted a warmer/wetter than normal January for FL and we've gotten the exact opposite, colder/drier. I don't know what voodoo they had, but they should change their witch doctor. :joker:

Dumb question but does it “feel” cold? In Wisconsin 65 in Fall is cold but 65 in Spring is a heat wave. . We are heading there soon and I’m trying to figure what I all need to pack. Clearly we need sweatshirts but will we be ok in shorts?

Dumb question but does it “feel” cold? In Wisconsin 65 in Fall is cold but 65 in Spring is a heat wave. . We are heading there soon and I’m trying to figure what I all need to pack. Clearly we need sweatshirts but will we be ok in shorts?

We are packing light pants for mornings and evenings and shorts for mid-day. It's all about layers at this time of year!

We were there all last week when it was colder than usual. 58-65. And we are from Chicagoland, so I get where you’re coming from. Honestly, we felt COLD. Wore jeans, sweatshirts and mid-weight jackets all week. My son had to re-wear his track pants for 3 days bc he didn’t pack enough. Not our best trip weather wise.

Lower temperatures this time of year feel colder than they tend to in most of the rest of the country. I’ve read this is due to the amount of moisture in the air. I live here and travel to Ohio in the fall/winter on ocassion. The same temperature there definitely feels warmer than in Florida.

Anything below 70 has many of us locals wearing pants and hoodies/sweatjackets at a minimum. Below mid-60’s has even the northerners bundling up. This time of year you need to pack layers of clothing regardless of the forecast. Forecasts are often very inaccurate, even one day out. Perhaps bring zipoffs and jeans to be prepared for anything.

Last edited:
It's the same everywhere
When you are used to 80, 65 feels cold. When you are used to 25, 65 feels warm. That happens in Florida or Wisconsin. Or anywhere.
As for what you need to pack, if you are there more than 48 hours you need shorts, swim suits, sweatshirts and parkas. FL (heck, all of the South) in the winter will have a wide range of temps. It's the hardest time to pack and you better be prepared.
For instance, we had temps here in TN of 65 yesterday and even when I came to work this morning it was in the 60's. It will be 25 by the time I leave work today and 9 Sunday morning. And there's not a single thing unusual about that.

I heard that Florida got hit with snow, and I was wondering if it was in the process of melting.
LOL... FL got hit with snow over a week ago. Snow doesn't last that long! Plus, it wasn't in Orlando.
But whatever the weather is today, won't make much difference in a few days. It will change.

I realize it's inaccurate. It was more of joke that 24 days out they can predict the weather patterns.
Ah ok. Believe it or not, there are folks out there that DO believe they can

There is 1 place I've lived where I do believe they can predict the weather 24 days out. Hawaii. But that's because their weather is the same something like 360 days of the year. 5 days it does something different. That was one place with consistent weather, outside of the hurricane time (one really did hit while I lived there)

It snowed where I live, Tallahassee, but it was all gone by lunch time the day it fell. :)
We are getting rain today and then another cold front is coming through.

I'm in Halifax, NS and right now we are getting a mild streak over the next couple of days due to all of the rain. If I can get 20°C everyday in FL, I'm happy! But if the nights are dropping to like 10°C that's when it starts to get damp and cold, just like at home.

I'm thinking of renting a stroller just to carry all of our clothing! LOL

Yes, we got hit with freeze warnings (or even hard freeze) a little while ago.

The problem I see it is that the lows at night hit you right in the face once the sun goes down. Yesterday, I decided to head over to EPCOT. The morning was warm and mostly cloudy; the afternoon was perfection; by the time I left American Adventure at 6:00 PM, folks were commenting on how it is getting cool.

Today is a transition day and tomorrow our next cold front hits (according to the meteorologist).

Yes, we got hit with freeze warnings (or even hard freeze) a little while ago.

The problem I see it is that the lows at night hit you right in the face once the sun goes down. Yesterday, I decided to head over to EPCOT. The morning was warm and mostly cloudy; the afternoon was perfection; by the time I left American Adventure at 6:00 PM, folks were commenting on how it is getting cool.

Today is a transition day and tomorrow our next cold front hits (according to the meteorologist).
I'm not a meteorologist but I do live where your weather is 24 hours before it gets to you.
So I agree with them. Today is when the cold front hits here. It will make it to Orlando (or central FL) tomorrow.
Heck, I left for lunch at about 1:00 and it was 55, winds still from the S and warm. Came back about 5 min ago and it's 49, winds from N and cold now.

I'm currently on a mad hunt for a packable puffer jacket!
It is a lifesaver down there! I took mine during New Years and it was great to have. That and my Marmont Rain coat. It can go on over top of the puffer jacket. Puffer coats are great for that, putting anything over the top of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!