How's the security?

dismom96

Earning My Ears
I'v camped for many years and have never had any problems but I was wondering, how's the security at FW? Has anybody ever had something taken, or come up permantly missing? We are thinking about tent camping but there's not a particulary good way to secure things when doing so. I have a friend who had their rental car broken into while at one of the parks and I've been a little concerned ever since. The last time I stayed at Dixie Landings and left any valuables in the security boxes behind the desk. Is there such a thing at FW? That would only work for small items how about bigger things

dismom96

Fort wilderness does have safe deposit boxes at the reception outpoast, security is low profile but there when you need it, they patrol by car, horse and electric cart,

//disneyclipart.simplenet.com/Mouselaneous/Everything_Else/ani-mono.gif

I posted a reply a while ago but it was lost somewhere in the netherlands.

I have never had problems with security while camping. But, I dont leave anything out to tempt anyone either. I have always felt secure in FW.

Let me say we have stayed in both tent and a pop up camper and have never had any thing come up missing.I have seen security come around on patrol at different times of day and nite .Go with confidence that the Mouse has your back covered . :D

Leesburg,GA

I asked the same question before our January tent camping trip, and mostly heard that no one ever had a problem. Everyone suggested putting things in the tent which I had planned to do. Of course, things don't always go as planned, and it seems like we were always in a hurry out of the site to go to a PS or catch a bus, etc. Anyway, we ended up leaving lots of things out more than once - our lantern, chairs, electric cooler, etc. We did make sure to put my son's toys and bike away, but most camping things were left out in plain view and never touched.

We were there 2 weeks ago and had no problems. We, too had tent camped and even bought small luggage locks to put on our tent. They somehow got lost in all the packing and preparation, but we had no problems with anything coming up missing. We would leave our towels out on our clothesline during the day with the ice chest full of food on the picnic table while we were at the parks....nothing ever came up missing. Have fun down there, we sure did!!!

DrewJ
The measure of a true hero is not the size of their strength, but the strength of their hearts.

Hi,

Goosh...I think this is the only place where I don't lock up my bike at my own campsite. We don't ever lock our doors to our trailer either. I have seen other folks leave tv sets outside and all kinds of other things and I don't just mean unattended I mean over night! As many people from across the country that come there you'd think their would be some sort of incident out of the many times we've been there, but so far everyone has acted just like the Disney type folks that they should!

Hi,

Goosh...I think this is the only place where I don't lock up my bike at my own campsite. We don't ever lock our doors to our trailer either. I have seen other folks leave tv sets outside and all kinds of other things and I don't just mean unattended I mean over night! As many people from across the country that come there you'd think their would be some sort of incident out of the many times we've been there, but so far everyone has acted just like the Disney type folks that they should!

Mmketeer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter