How Would You Tackle This "Quest?"

RyMickey

Disney Freak
So, next year's "Frozen" is Disney's 53rd animated film to be released (speaking strictly "Disney" here and not Pixar releases and other entities they distributed in the past). For the past several years, I've wanted to go through the Disney catalog and watch all of their animated films and since the upcoming release of Wreck-It Ralph is movie #52 that allows for one movie a week for the next year.

The question I pose to you is how would you tackle this quest? I initially thought I'd go from the beginning to the end, but as I laid out the quest, that led to a very disappointing January with things like The Three Caballeros, Make Mine Music, Saludos Amigos, Fun and Fancy Free, and Melody Time. So now it's making me wonder if I should go about this a different way.

So here are the options...

1) Chronological Order -- beginning to end

2) Reverse Chronological Order -- end to beginning

3) Outside-In -- Snow White, Wreck-It Ralph, Pinocchio, Winnie the Pooh (2011), Fantasia, Tangled

4) Completely Random -- Drawn from a hat

I'm leaning towards a completely random concept, but I'm curious as to what others think.

All my musings will eventually be posted on my blog (link below) and I don't think they'll be so much "reviews" as they will be "discussions" with more random thoughts about the movie-watching experience.

Also, any thoughts on a title for this quest? I've thought of Wednesdays with Walt (with posts being put up on Wednesdays) or The Disney Discussion.

As fellow Disney fans, I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

I've done this exact quest while recovering from surgery some years ago, marathoning all the Disney films with animation in them in chronological order. Having found other bloggers that have done similar projects (the Antagony and Ecstasy run is particularly awesome, not least because he puts my dinkie little reviews to shame), it feels like chronological order is the "default" way to go.

But here's the thing: it really is the best way to watch all the Disney animated films. You basically get a crash-course in the history of American animated films in a couple of months (if you're crazy like me; I like your one-movie-a-week idea though), you get to see the animator's skills and style change over the course of the films, and you get a better appreciation for how truly game-changing certain films were.

Whatever you chose to do, I hope you have a wonderful experience and I can't wait to read the reviews on your blog!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter