How would you plan a day at Fort Wilderness?

suevee

<font color=red>I am in a frenzy!<br><font color=r
We will be staying at the CR for 9 days in Feb 2003. This is our 3rd big trip. We usually spend all our time in the parks, but this time I was thinking about spending one morning at Typhoon Lagoon then taking the boat from the CR to Fort Wilderness to check it out. We will have a 7 year old with us and thought this may be fun for her.

Can anyone tell me what it is like? How are the restaurants? We are not interested in the Hoop de Doo review. What is the petting zoo like? Is the campfire open to any resort guests or just Ft. Wilderness guests? We would like to see the cabin areas and the pools. We are thinking of staying there for part of our next trip and want to check it out. Thanks for your help.

Fort Wilderness is a fun place to spend the day. Your 7 year old can ride the pony at the petting zoo and feed the animals. You can rent bicycles to ride around the campground, or a canoe. The Trails End is a decent restaurant. It has an all you can eat buffet.

If you have the time, I would recommend visiting.:D

We were there for a week in May. I would recommend going over for breakfast, I thought it was the best meal at the best price. Then you can walk around the grounds and see all sorts of animals.

The petting zoo and pony rides might be fun. You will find some childrens playgrounds around the area as well. I am not sure if you'd want to spend an entire day there but it is a nice, quiet change to the hustle and bustle of the parks.

Have fun!

There is also a wagon ride in the evening. One is around 6:15 and the other is later. The later ride coincides with the fireworks at MK which you can see from the wagon when they stop by the shoreline.

go to deb's sight....the address is: www.wdwig.com

in the resort information section click on FAQ and go to the Fort
Wilderness section. I believe all your questions will be answered here.

we make a point to go to Fort Wilderness each trip. Our childen age 3 & 5 love the petting farm, pony rides and campfire program..we have yet to do the hay ride as they always fall asleep during the movie at the campfire. you can also view the water pagent in the evening from the boat dock.

enjoy

If you are going to be at FW in the evening.....

the petting zoo (animals are not out all night - you may want to do this in the mid to late afternoon.)

The hayride is nice, but didn't impress me.

Campfire Singalong/Movie (can you say Free! We like the singalong, but never seem to hang for the entire movie.)

we love a nice relaxing bike ride thru the campground - so much wildlife to spy (peacocks - especially the albino, bunnies galore, and if you are very lucky at dusk/dark...and armadillo (SP?))

you can rent Mouseboats at the dock - this is possibly my 7 year olds fav part of WDW, and my DH's too!:D

hang out on the beach and watch the fireworks over MK

don't miss the boat parade (at around 9:45 ish - i think)

give youself a chance to unwind and enjoy a cool drink in one of the rocking chairs in front of Crockets Tavern - so soothing

You mentioned that the Hoop Tee Doo was out, but if you reconsider, i highly recomend it. Especially for the 7 year old. My son loves this show, and i just took my 7 year old neice last month. She busted a gut thru the entire show, ate like a little pig and had an absolute blast.

the trail ride is nice, but i think you have to be 9 to partisipate.

I have only stayed there once, but long for it daily. We have decided that we will never stay at any other place again . (unless we get into WL or AKL for free or something!!!!:) )

- lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter