How would the new resale rules apply for those with multiple contracts?

tommygunn

Maniacal Disney Addict!!!!!
Hi nerds. I have an existing DVC contract (purchased through resale a few years ago). These points can be used to book any DVC property - present or future.

Now let's say I buy a new resale contract today at a different resort. Are those points restricted to just the existing resorts, or am I grandfathered in since I have another contract that was purchased previously? Can I transfer those points over to my first contract if I want to for a particular booking? I guess I'm asking how would those two contract interact. This whole thing is very confusing to me.

The restrictions for future resorts are on a contract by contract basis not a membership basis like the membership extras. This is similar to how the restrictions for the Disney collection or trading for cruises are treated.

The points from the new contract would be restricted, even if you transferred the points to the contract that predated the rule change. As crvetter said, it's on a contract-by-contract basis.

Thanks guys. That’s what I thought. Kind of stinks but not the end of the world. I can’t imagine new properties being better than the existing ones anyway. Best locations have been all but taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!