How will Establishment Day affect crowds at HKD on the 2nd?

bibbidibobbidibecky

The Fairy Godblogger
We will be visiting HKD on July 2. I know the day before is a public holiday, but are most people on vacation all week? Should I expect it to be more crowded because of the holiday being this same week?

Thanks!

I doubt it will make crowds on the 2nd particularly bad. People who take extra days off will tend to leave Hong Kong and July 1 isn't a holiday in China so there wouldn't be an influx of mainland tourists. At worst, rides like Mystic Manor may have 15 minutes wait rather than 5-10 minutes on a normal Tuesday but I don't expect anything like the 75 minutes wait that happened on Ching Ming.

I just realized today that I totally forgot about the school calendar when making my statement last time. International schools will have started summer break but most local and mainland schools are not out yet. Foreign visitors are likely to come around that time but busy season isn't in full swing yet. Afternoon waits above 30 minutes are possible in good weather but I wouldn't expect hour long waits.

July is hot with the start of typhoon season. You may see rain but big storms usually don't hit until August/September. Still pay attention to the weather reports because the park closes outdoor attractions when typhoons reach level 3 (Hong Kong/Macau scale) even if it isn't raining hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!