How will Dolphin compare?

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
I have made reservations (i think you folks call them ressies) for the Dolphin in late July. Our family of 5 stayed at the Contemporary Tower last year and loved it!

How much of a step down is the Dolphin in relation to the Contemp. Tower and other Disney-owned deluxe resorts?

Thanks for your feedback.

We stayed at the Swan in 2000, and I would hardly consider the Dolphin a step down from the Contemporary.The Swan/Dolphin is a BEAUTIFUL resort, with a GREAT pool, and AWESOME location. The Epcot resort area is our family's favorite.

I do not think you will be disappointed. Have a great time!:)

Agree. In no way is the Swan/Dolphin a step down. In fact it is probably a step up in terms of service, decor and facilities!

Just one word of advice...don't go in comparing the two. They are completely different in terms of theming and location.

The Contemporary provides views of the MK, while the S/D provides views of Epcot.

I think the only thing the Contemporary has going for it is the monorail, other than that, you'd have to practically give me a room before I'd stay there. JMHO.

I do hope you enjoy your stay at the Dolphin. It's a fun resort, in a fantastic location, with many dining options--without even entering a park!

I have to agree with other posters that you have it backwards. Dolphin is a step up from the Cont. Yes, the views from the Cont. tower are spectacular, but so are the better views from the Dolphin. Both times we had the most amazing views of Epcot/MGM/BW. We watched Illuminations from bed.

I find the Cont. cold while the Dolphin, although also large, it's very warm with a cabana theme. I've also found many more conventioneers and noisy groups at Cont. then at Dolphin. You won't regret your decision.

I do not think that you will be disappointed. It is a great location with many things to do being so close to Boardwalk. We stayed for 9 nights in November and loved every minute of it. We will be there for one night in August using Starwood Cash & Points Program. We reserved 2 rooms for $60 each plus points. I just had to stay there again for that price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter