How will Disney get booked sailings down to 50%, or 70%?

Totally understand. However, for how we cruise (don't use kids clubs, no "activities" other than shows, etc.), we'd be fine. ...
What I THINK some other posts were getting at is that everyone else's kids are NORMALLY IN the kids clubs ... NOT out roaming the halls, in the pool, etc. so the families WITH kids on the ship WILL impact you because there will be more kids in public spaces vs. the kids clubs than in the past.

Yes. That.

And I see very little hance excursions will not be ship-offered only. the contact tracing issues are otherwise a huge issue.

I’m an the feeling that when Disney cancels the next round of cruises they will have a good idea on when they’ll be able to resume I expect an announcement first week of December canceling all of January and the 1st half of February with the announcement of the test cruises late January

Can you imagine how great empty pools and no lines for Aquaduck would be? Not to mention how great the theater would be half full and without a bunch of people saving seats! And buffets where you could actually get a table for your whole family and dining rooms without people so close to you, you feel like you're eating WITH them. Yeah, sounds awful to me. :rotfl2: I'll take a cruise at 50% any day!!

We were on a sailing out of NYC that was supposed to go to the Bahamas and WDW. The day before the cruise DCL changed the itinerary and sailed north to Canada instead because of Hurricane Matthew coming up the East Coast. DCL told people who they could get a hold of they could cancel with full refund or go on the new itinerary and receive a discount and OBC. We live in NY so we opted to go. Many people canceled though at the last minute when they found out about the new itinerary. The ship was so empty that they did away with the two different dinner seatings and combined them into one seating at 7:00 ish pm. It was actually a nice time to eat...not too early and not too late.

MJ

What I THINK some other posts were getting at is that everyone else's kids are NORMALLY IN the kids clubs ... NOT out roaming the halls, in the pool, etc. so the families WITH kids on the ship WILL impact you because there will be more kids in public spaces vs. the kids clubs than in the past.

Yes, thanks, I understood that.

Honestly I don’t think it’s going to be an issue. Between travel restrictions, health concerns and various on-board amenities being gone or restrictions being in place, a lot of people won’t sail.

Even in this group of diehard fans many people are saying they won’t sail when Disney restarts and this group is going to be a lot more enthusiastic about sailing than the general public.

Honestly I don’t think it’s going to be an issue. Between travel restrictions, health concerns and various on-board amenities being gone or restrictions being in place, a lot of people won’t sail.

Even in this group of diehard fans many people are saying they won’t sail when Disney restarts and this group is going to be a lot more enthusiastic about sailing than the general public.
Possibly, although I would have said the same for WDW and it is still pretty popular, and not just with disboard die-hards. Lots of demand for a family-friendly vacation since this has been such a hard year for everyone, and since remote school has become such a pain in the rear that missing a week of school is a lot more appealing.

Possibly, although I would have said the same for WDW and it is still pretty popular, and not just with disboard die-hards. Lots of demand for a family-friendly vacation since this has been such a hard year for everyone, and since remote school has become such a pain in the rear that missing a week of school is a lot more appealing.

WDW still isn’t getting close to their pre pandemic attendance either though and is operating at 35percent capacity.

Besides that, consumer confidence in cruising took a much greater hit than theme parks

WDW still isn’t getting close to their pre pandemic attendance either though and is operating at 35percent capacity.

Besides that, consumer confidence in cruising took a much greater hit than theme parks
35% of capacity is not 35% of prior attendance for the same time of year. WDW typically only ever reached capacity one or two days a year and only in one park.

35% of capacity is not 35% of prior attendance for the same time of year. WDW typically only ever reached capacity one or two days a year and only in one park.

Right, and that's probably Christmas. I witnessed that one year and you wouldn't want to be anywhere near that.

Right, and that's probably Christmas. I witnessed that one year and you wouldn't want to be anywhere near that.
Exactly—a park at 100% capacity is so jam packed you can’t move with our pressing up against another person. So 35% of that is a pretty darn busy park. The demand us there for Disney vacations.

Exactly—a park at 100% capacity is so jam packed you can’t move with our pressing up against another person. So 35% of that is a pretty darn busy park. The demand us there for Disney vacations.

While there is some demand there, there is also a lot of local or “close to local” AP holders who have increased their park visits. The hotel numbers are still down considerably.

While there is some demand there, there is also a lot of local or “close to local” AP holders who have increased their park visits. The hotel numbers are still down considerably.
True but that’s also been true for cruises—every cruise we’ve been on out of Port Canaveral had had a lit of floridians taking advantage of the florida resident deals or last-minute GT rates, and without having to book airfare of a pre-cruise hotel stay it is a much cheaper vacation. Some locals I talked to had been on literally dozens of DCL cruises.

True but that’s also been true for cruises—every cruise we’ve been on out of Port Canaveral had had a lit of floridians taking advantage of the florida resident deals or last-minute GT rates, and without having to book airfare of a pre-cruise hotel stay it is a much cheaper vacation. Some locals I talked to had been on literally dozens of DCL cruises.

If I lived close to the port, I'd take advantage of FL rates and go on multiple short cruises every month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter