• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How was your Disney experience?!?

PrincessINTraining

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! I'm taking a class about Walt Disney World and part of my end of the semester paper I'm discussing the interactions between different age groups adn cast members.Before I went on this trip, I figured that they would treat my age group (college student) differently then they would treat a 5 year old, so I'm testing just this and I would like to hear some personal experiences you might have had. If you could please share some of your Disney stories that involve how a cast member treated you that was either very positive or very negative. Thanks.

In May '07, my youngest DD was not quite 4. Although she was tall enough to ride TOT, she was not ready for it. My DH took her to the gift shop/exit area to wait for me & our other 2 DDs. A CM came up & asked her if she was waiting for someone. When she said Mommy & sisters went on the ride without her, the cast member played a game with her, gave her a certificate to go to the front of the line when she was ready to ride & let her choose a pin from the CM's lanyard (princesses, of course!) because she was "being such a good little sister". Although we've been back & she's ridden TOT since, she still talks about that CM whenever anyone mentions TOT. He made a very postive impression on her.

I have kids of all ages. They have given special attention to all of them...and me too!

1. Teenage son: They tend to joke around with them. One of my sons was pouting during a parade because he wanted to ride a rollercoaster. The characters seemed to know he was being a sullen teen and wouldn't leave him alone! It was so funny and within minutes he was laughing and playing along! We joke in our family that somewhere in WDW an alarm was going off saying "Warning, unhappy child alert!" :laughing:

2. young daugher: Characters bow to her and call her princess. They are very sweet to her.

3. Me, and adult: I was wearing my birthday sticker and characters waved to me and pointed out my button! It was so much fun and I felt like I was 6 years old again!

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter