How was the "After Hours Party" 1-18-2018?

Geemo

DIS Veteran
How was the Special Event last night?
I haven't seen any comments on it.
Wondering what it was like?
Anyone?????
scratch_head.gif

Did it sell out? Or were tickets still available?

Geemo

As we were leaving yesterday we saw lots of people coming in dressed up. We didn’t go to it though, so don’t know anything else!

I was curious, too. I've seen some pictures on another site, but no reviews. If they do another one, I would be tempted to join in, but only if it's actually worth it.

I went with my husband to the party last night. Tickets sold out online just a day before and then there were also a small amount of (I heard 300ish) tickets available day of if you asked at the ticket booth in the morning & very early afternoon but then it did fully sale out there as well. Personally I really enjoyed it & so did everyone we talked to throughout the night & saw having the time of their lives. I would highly recommend trying out another After Hours event to anyone that can afford a special splurge event if you like what theme they go with. But I won’t pretend it was perfect, because it was not without flaws.

The good-
*Both cast members & even guests were all in a great mood and extra kind & friendly to one another.
*Ignoring the main photo ops (will elaborate below), the park was actually truly low crowds, with empty spaces here and there, in a way I haven’t seen in well over a decade.
*There were 4 separate dance parties throughout the night with vintage music being played by the SJ getting pumped through the whole park. Other than the train station, all dances were full of joy and life, many watching while many others danced the night away & it was a blast. Great bands.
*So many rare characters! some not as rare but there with their “group” of characters also. Sleeping Beauty was joined by Prince Phillip as her 3 fairies flirted around Fantasyland. Alice was with the Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, & both Tweedles all as a massive group interaction of chaotic fun. Pinochio characters including Ghepeto & the Blue Fairy were also in Fantasyland. Merlin was so perfectly in character while he hung out near where you pull the sword out of the stone. Mickey was dressed as Zorro, Minnie was in a lovely poodle skirt outfit, Goofy had a vintage school jacket. Bert & Mary & their penguins.
*The only rides that were closed during the party we’re the regular returbs plus Winnie the Pooh, otherwise pretty much everything else was open and a walk on or at least very short wait. We weren’t there for rides, but I thought I’d mention that since I know others care.
*Photopass photographers everywhere & many looking to do full on photo shoots with just you and your friends or spouse. We have so many amazing date nite photos.
*Everyone looked so nice all dressed up. The guest were all glammed up as expected but even the photopass & many other cast members wore retro themed outfits just for this event.
*The main photo ops were super detailed, professionally lit, really well done & provided each group with loads of photos. (3 main ones were a vintage shake shop, Mickey Mouse club film set, & a fancy old car display, maybe it was a 1961 bel air. You could also take your photo in one of the old Sky Buckets that they had set up but that wasn’t one of the main photo ops technically)

The bad-
*unless you timed it just right you had to wait 1-2 hours for those main photo ops. There were so many other photo ops with little to no line that we ended up just skipping two or the three main photo ops that we had wanted to do.
*Lines for special food locations were insane. Thankfully loads of other food was still open so we just had a nice quiet dinner at a practically empty Rancho del Zocola instead so not end of the world.
*cast members were not well informed, about much of what was going on during the event. The whole event had an air of frantic last moment just but on a happy face and make the best of it vibe when talking with cast members. I was given incorrect info from cast members twice & heard cast members talking about kissing their character or not knowing if Fantasyland was closing for the fireworks, when anything was actually happening :/
*They told us (on the map you receive as you enter) that there were characters but no times and the locations were often slightly off. Most characters were roaming style but that often really wasn’t working out with the crowds that wanted to meet them and the walls limiting space where many characters were located & less selfish/shovey people sometimes missed out.
*ugh the walls- so many ppl crammed themselves against those walls to watch the fireworks and looked miserable (we went into fantasy land and watched them in front of the carousel with barely any crowd at all, much calmer). The walls made for some awkward narrow messy ness when the castle line and the firework crowd both got too thick in the remaining space that usually cleared after 20 mins or so :/ Thankfully the band that played at the train station also played at the Royal Theater. Royal theater set was full of dancing, singing along & smiles from the audience. When we tried to check them out at the train station the audience is smashed up against a wall & you could tell ppl were uncomfortable and wanted to be dancing but could not physically do so in that remaining space.

PS- I barely slept last night and am currently in the car on the way home back north so please forgive my typos or the fact that I’m sure I forgot a couple things ;)

I went with my husband to the party last night. Tickets sold out online just a day before and then there were also a small amount of (I heard 300ish) tickets available day of if you asked at the ticket booth in the morning & very early afternoon but then it did fully sale out there as well. Personally I really enjoyed it & so did everyone we talked to throughout the night & saw having the time of their lives. I would highly recommend trying out another After Hours event to anyone that can afford a special splurge event if you like what theme they go with. But I won’t pretend it was perfect, because it was not without flaws.

The good-
*Both cast members & even guests were all in a great mood and extra kind & friendly to one another.
*Ignoring the main photo ops (will elaborate below), the park was actually truly low crowds, with empty spaces here and there, in a way I haven’t seen in well over a decade.
*There were 4 separate dance parties throughout the night with vintage music being played by the SJ getting pumped through the whole park. Other than the train station, all dances were full of joy and life, many watching while many others danced the night away & it was a blast. Great bands.
*So many rare characters! some not as rare but there with their “group” of characters also. Sleeping Beauty was joined by Prince Phillip as her 3 fairies flirted around Fantasyland. Alice was with the Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, & both Tweedles all as a massive group interaction of chaotic fun. Pinochio characters including Ghepeto & the Blue Fairy were also in Fantasyland. Merlin was so perfectly in character while he hung out near where you pull the sword out of the stone. Mickey was dressed as Zorro, Minnie was in a lovely poodle skirt outfit, Goofy had a vintage school jacket. Bert & Mary & their penguins.
*The only rides that were closed during the party we’re the regular returbs plus Winnie the Pooh, otherwise pretty much everything else was open and a walk on or at least very short wait. We weren’t there for rides, but I thought I’d mention that since I know others care.
*Photopass photographers everywhere & many looking to do full on photo shoots with just you and your friends or spouse. We have so many amazing date nite photos.
*Everyone looked so nice all dressed up. The guest were all glammed up as expected but even the photopass & many other cast members wore retro themed outfits just for this event.
*The main photo ops were super detailed, professionally lit, really well done & provided each group with loads of photos. (3 main ones were a vintage shake shop, Mickey Mouse club film set, & a fancy old car display, maybe it was a 1961 bel air. You could also take your photo in one of the old Sky Buckets that they had set up but that wasn’t one of the main photo ops technically)

The bad-
*unless you timed it just right you had to wait 1-2 hours for those main photo ops. There were so many other photo ops with little to no line that we ended up just skipping two or the three main photo ops that we had wanted to do.
*Lines for special food locations were insane. Thankfully loads of other food was still open so we just had a nice quiet dinner at a practically empty Rancho del Zocola instead so not end of the world.
*cast members were not well informed, about much of what was going on during the event. The whole event had an air of frantic last moment just but on a happy face and make the best of it vibe when talking with cast members. I was given incorrect info from cast members twice & heard cast members talking about kissing their character or not knowing if Fantasyland was closing for the fireworks, when anything was actually happening :/
*They told us (on the map you receive as you enter) that there were characters but no times and the locations were often slightly off. Most characters were roaming style but that often really wasn’t working out with the crowds that wanted to meet them and the walls limiting space where many characters were located & less selfish/shovey people sometimes missed out.
*ugh the walls- so many ppl crammed themselves against those walls to watch the fireworks and looked miserable (we went into fantasy land and watched them in front of the carousel with barely any crowd at all, much calmer). The walls made for some awkward narrow messy ness when the castle line and the firework crowd both got too thick in the remaining space that usually cleared after 20 mins or so :/ Thankfully the band that played at the train station also played at the Royal Theater. Royal theater set was full of dancing, singing along & smiles from the audience. When we tried to check them out at the train station the audience is smashed up against a wall & you could tell ppl were uncomfortable and wanted to be dancing but could not physically do so in that remaining space.

PS- I barely slept last night and am currently in the car on the way home back north so please forgive my typos or the fact that I’m sure I forgot a couple things ;)

Thank you for this, I will definitely go to the next one especially if they do 70/80s night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!