how to "wrap" suprise tickets for Christmas?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
Got my DH and my DS a one day park to park ticket as a christmas gift. I got etickets, so i don't have anything physical to wrap. Any ideas on how I can present this to them for Christmas? TIA!

Yes, I did this once. There are a lot of nice customizable ones you can order off Etsy on parchment paper, some even sealed with real wax and the Hogwarts crest.

I had one delivered to my sister a few years ago along with a stuffed owl. It was addressed to her as The Room with the Bed that Doesn't Fit. It was a joke because in her college dorm room, the school ordered new furniture, and the new bed was too small to fit in her room. It also had a cute little explanation about why the letter was coming so late (since she was over 11), and also came with a supply list.

Last year, I premade letters, and posted them from Hogsmeade in the park. The kids weren't with me, but we had an upcoming trip planned with some of their friends, so I sent cards out to everyone.

Hogwarts Letters are lots of fun. Don't be afraid to be creative.

I bought different themed t-shirts for each day for my boys...Harry Potter for one day, super heros for the next, etc. I plan on putting them in a box together and let them guess where they would need to wear them. I also got inner tubes for Cabana Bay to try and jog their memory.

I love all the creative ideas! I'm putting together a Hogwarts letter inviting my son to be an honorary Ravenclaw for dates in January. I will place the letter on top of a brown paper wrapped package containing his Ravenclaw robe and tie. It will all be topped off with a little owl I got on ebay. Then I just have to sneak out at night or in the morning before he wakes up to place it next to the tree.

I have been working on this for a couple months now. Here is what I have come up with and what I am doing. I am putting together a christmas reveal for our 3 grandkids. I ordered 3 card stock owls from etsy. You put together and they hold the hogwarts acceptance letter in their claws and I will hang them in front of xmas tree using clear fishing line. The envelope has an acceptance letter to hogwarts, a school supply list and a ticket to platform 9 3/4. The envelope is addressed to: childs name, Under the christmas tree, my street and number, my town u.s.a. (fill in the real names etc) it has owl post and wax seal. Looks very official and the I think the hanging owls will look great.
Then, under the tree, each child will have another very official looking package with HP markings, ministry of magic stamps, packed by house elves seals etc. in official looking brown distressed kraft paper. Inside the package, each will have a cool old looking wood box from hogwarts with an awesome potion/supply kit inside. The potions will really work! The two 10 yo kids will get an awesome book I found about all things HP and the non reading 7 yo will get a HP poster and map set for his wall. All of them will get a cheap plastic light up "practice" wand and chart of wand motions, for them to practice with, plus some other cool HP tidbits I have been getting for their potion kits. I will tell them that the Ministry of Magic does not allow shipping of powerful magic items such as wands and we must wait to get the real ones at Ollivanders when we go. I have tried to keep in as authentic as possible. I will post pics here as I assemble this. And I will post links I have used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter