How to wear/carry the new magic band..

I have mine on the carabiner, and I wear that on a lanyard. I like it better than on my wrist, because I previously wore my MB on the same wrist as my fitbit, and sometimes the fitbit messed with the photographers ability to scan the MB for my photos.

I think maybe putting it on a small retractable key holder lanyard might work? I use one at work for my name tag and it works great. Just pull it and scan. Think I will try that in May when we go.

IMG_1711.JPG
Husband bought me a retractable and it worked marvelously. I felt so clever using this and it was quicker than twisting my arm to line up the mickeys. Zip, scan, go! AND "Look Mom, no tan lines!"

I ordered a lanyard on etsy for my Magic Keeper. She took my money, told USPS she was going to ship the item, then closed her shop and did not ship it. I had to get etsy to intervene so that I could get a refund. I won't be using etsy again anytime soon. I was not ordering the retractable type of lanyard, just a regular one which was cute and which the person supposedly would make at a shorter length for me.

I'm bringing a lanyard I have, and will probably get a magic keeper and attach that to my lanyard.

Do the little carriers come with a screwdriver, or will I need to find one and pack it?

The Magic Keeper carriers come with a tiny screwdriver and extra screws. It can be tricky to get the icon to fit into it though - be sure to push on each corner one at a time, not in the middle.

My last trip that I took in May was my first time with a magicband. I went into it figuring I wasn't going to enjoy it on my wrist...and I was correct! (I have a thing about rubbery bands on my wrist...not a fan.) I bought the first carabiner magic keeper that I saw on day 2 and swapped over the icon in my hotel room. For the rest of the 11 day trip I kept it clipped onto a belt loop on my shorts and it was perfect. Didn't have any issues with the carabiner itself (although upgrading to a better one certainly isn't a bad idea) and it was a breeze unclipping for entry/fastpass/payment and then clipping it back on. I highly recommend it!

I transferred into the carabiner holder and at first clipped it to my purse. After a couple of days I hooked it to a lanyard and liked that a lot better - didn't have to worry about dropping it when unclipping/clipping it.

"Finally, I’m excited to share a preview of new MagicKeepers for guests who prefer an alternative way to wear their MagicBand 2. MagicKeepers will include two Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse-themed lanyard clips and a carabiner. The images above show how MagicKeepers will be sold (without a removable icon) and how they appear with removable icons.

The MagicKeeper accessories will be released at a future date, so keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for updates."

vjhdbf9342.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ickeepers-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/
Are these available now? I know it says coming soon, but it looks like some Above have them already?

Are these available now? I know it says coming soon, but it looks like some Above have them already?

My post was from January 11th. They should be available now. You can find them on the Disney shopping app.

My post was from January 11th. They should be available now. You can find them on the Disney shopping app.
found it thank you. I thought it came with 4, but it looks like $12.99 for each Mickey and $9.99 for the regular one. hmmm, Disney is killing me, lol

If they are like the prototypes that were shown the pucks are held in by screws.
This is a good thing. I'd rather be forced to spend a few minutes securing the puck than to lose it mid-trip. Sure, they'll replace it, but time ...
But definitely a very good marketing idea, so much more accessories that they can sell, not to mention the replacement cost for the lost ones.
Yes, it shouldn't be long 'til the Etsy market starts making special Magic Keepers.
That Minnie one is adorable!
I read somewhere that the Minnie bow is bad about falling off /being lost. If Minnie's your choice, it might be wise to use a drop of super glue on the bow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter