How to wear/carry the new magic band..

I think maybe putting it on a small retractable key holder lanyard might work? I use one at work for my name tag and it works great. Just pull it and scan. Think I will try that in May when we go.

Curious if you (or anyone Else) has tried this yet?

I bought the Minnie one for the trip I was on this past week, but I was too scared I would lose it or break it! Anyone use these yet?

I bought the Minnie one for the trip I was on this past week, but I was too scared I would lose it or break it! Anyone use these yet?

Yes, I did for a five-day trip in March. Putting the "puck" into the Magic Keeper is tricky, but once it's in there you're fine. I put it on a lanyard and wore it around my neck the whole trip. You're not likely to lose it because you can see it. It's thick - not likely to break.

DH used the carabiner on during our last trip. He has an apple watch so didn't want to have something on both wrists. He really liked it (clipped it to his pocket), but the carabiner broke after the first day or two...it quit staying closed, so he couldn't hook to his pocket any more, he just put it inside of his pocket. He'll replace it with a better/stronger carabiner for next time.

Yes, I did for a five-day trip in March. Putting the "puck" into the Magic Keeper is tricky, but once it's in there you're fine. I put it on a lanyard and wore it around my neck the whole trip. You're not likely to lose it because you can see it. It's thick - not likely to break.
Thanks! That's such a great idea!

I prefer to use the band but those little guys are really cute! have you heard of sliders for the new bands?

I got the caribiner one for the last 3 days of my recent trip after I lost my Magic Band twice. I clipped it to my wristlet most of the time, and to a belt loop when I went bagless for an evening trip into MK. It worked great! I'm definitely saving it for my next trip. It was totally worth the $10.

I have to use an ECV at Disney so having this on a clip will be easier than trying to line myself up with the podium thing! :)

They can't fall out.

14504855_1816749961905279_1256525169577426944_n.jpg

Soooo glad to hear this, it was my biggest concern but now I too hope that people are not digging around for them at the last minute in the FP lines! LOL

I know my 4 year old won't wear his the whole time, and 2 years ago it was not fun wearing 2, it kept pinching me. Do you think the lanyard one would be best? The clip sounds neat, but I worry about the off and on, and breaking or the days his shorts have no belt loop. Whats the price range? I hope its not too hard to remove and put in. My oldest is dying for a watch verson.

Loved the new bands. Just back from wearing them 10 days and they were much more comfortable than the old version. They're softer and more pliant - forgot we had them on, and never once had a problem with them unsnapping. To us, they would be much more convenient than using any other method.

I purchased a (customized Disney) carabiner with retractable badge reel from ETSY and attached the magickeeper with puck to that. It worked perfectly. I could either attach it to my belt loop or my bag if I was carrying one.

I purchased a (customized Disney) carabiner with retractable badge reel from ETSY and attached the magickeeper with puck to that. It worked perfectly. I could either attach it to my belt loop or my bag if I was carrying one.

could you send me a link to which etsy store you used? want to consider using a retractable one possibly for DD.

My daughter used hers for our whole 11 day trip with no issues. Clipped it on her shorts or tank, threw in my bag or my husbands pocket. Swam with it. Took a lot of abuse with zero issues. Hope they make other fun character shapes for future trips like stitch, simba, etc

Loved the new bands. Just back from wearing them 10 days and they were much more comfortable than the old version. They're softer and more pliant - forgot we had them on, and never once had a problem with them unsnapping. To us, they would be much more convenient than using any other method.

See, I was there in January/February and I could not wear my MB all day. I think I made it 6 hours one day, but most of the time I could only wear it for about 4 hours before having to have a break of 2-3 hours before trying again. My trip next month will be much hotter than my earlier trip and I doubt I would make it 2 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter