How to use banked pts when making reservation

JLitfin

love Disney
I have a question that I'm sure someone here can help with. I knew I wasn't going to be using my 2019 pts at BLT so I decided to go ahead and bank them into my 2020 UY, BTW, I have a Sept. UY. My pts are split between two contracts a 1 and 2 same contract number. One of my contracts has 40 pts and the other has 60 pts for a total of 100 BLT pts. At the moment contract 1 has 60 - 2019 UY pts and 60 - 2020 UY pts, contract 2 has 40 - 2019 UY pts and 40 - 2020 UY pts. Here's my question: I tried to make a reservation this morning for next October 1st which would be 109 pts. When it came to picking my contracts for purchasing the reservation I wasn't able to pick both sets of banked pts first. I had to pick which contract to use first and then second. If I listed contract 1 first then all the pts came from that contract since I have 120 pts in that contract, if I listed contract 2 first then 80 pts came from that contract and 29 pts came from contract 1. Is there a way online I can use both sets of 2019 banked pts first before going into my 2020 pts? I was so confused when making my reservation why I couldn't use both sets of banked pts first. Please help me figure this out.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I just got off the chat with a CM about using not yet banked points for an already been made reservation. From the information I received via that conversation, you should be able to call Member Services and they will be able to re-allocate the points for that reservation to ensure you use all banked points first.

Had same issue yesterday. But with current year's points and borrowed points from next year. I had a resie and cancelled it so I was left with some regular and some borrowed. I wanted to make another resie and use the borrowed points. It was two 25 point BWV contracts. I had 8 and 5 borrowed points. But online it was using the 8 borrowed plus all the regular in that contract and then only 2 of the 5 borrowed from the next. So I went ahead and banked my regular points into next year and left just what was needed to make resie using the 8 and 5 borrowed plus 14 regular (was 27 points). That worked for me. But In OP's case with banked and current, they will have to call in to book that. This is a new issue for me and a reason to now not be a fan of multiple small contracts.

It is likely a system quirk that has happened to many, including me. You should designate the use of both contracts with banked points on the page where you designate contracts to use. When you go to the next page, It will then show (incorrectly) that the first contract is used and that banked points from second contract not used, even though all banked points are supposed to be used first. Just continue to make the reservation by completing all the pages. When you get to the last page showing what has actually been used in your contracts, it should show that all banked points were, in fact, used first, contrary to that earlier page. If it does not, you can cancel that reservation on that page and call MS, or just call MS to have it reallocate.

Last edited:

It's a quirk in the online system. A quick call to member services and they can reallocate the points how you wish. I've done it a couple of times. The joys of small contracts, eh?

Thanks so much for all your help. That's what I'll do, go as far as I can online then I'll call MS to reallocate the points in order to use my banked points. A system quirk for sure, this is a first for me, hopefully they will fit this issue so we can do it all online without calling

Yes there are many "quirks" when trying to use the online system. In the case of the OP yes a phone call to MS handle your request. Online service as much as Disney would like has its limitations and that is just one of them.

I had to call in yesterday myself to "modify" an existing reservation for Feb 2020 as I was on hold the message kept sharing with me the good news that I could now modify or make changes to a reservation on-line at the DVC site. Just for fun and I had a long wait time so I needed something to do to fill my idle time while I waited for the next MS persons to help me. Yes i know they were sorry for the wait. As the PSA mentioned what I was actually attempting to accomplish I did just that that went to the DVC site logged in and attempted to do what the helpful spokesperson just said I could do.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh No not quite in fact not even close unless I wanted to cancel my reservation (not even sure about that) I had to call MS it said so in plain English right on the site. God I love technology. So while it is good for simple tasks, checking availability, making simple reservations, checking or banking your points, trying to sell you more points, or lets not forget collecting our yearly fees it is always best to call MS. Look at it this way your phone call justify's someone else employment.

PS It was a very kind and helpful real live human being that I talked to yesterday took care of all my silly problems with a sprinkling of pixie dust so that I could have a magical day.

My 2 cents

I have had the same thing, but when I went all the way through, it ended up taking all of the points that were banked and borrowed from both, and returning current UY.

As long as you choose to use both contracts, it follows though and pulls the way it should. Well, that is what happened for me, but only after I figured it out!

As others have said, it actually uses all banked points first before using any current points. But the screen before that is wrong. I miss the old days where they had an animation showing how points were prioritized — it made it so clear!

I would like to thank everyone for their comments. This morning I was able to reserve my room and this time I went all the way through the reservation and discovered that yes my banked points were used first. Didn't have to call MS, everything was done correctly on the website. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter