• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to surprise the kids when they are expecting it.

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! Each time we've gone to WDW with our kids, they get tons of treats and surprises. I am planning the next trip and I'd like Cindy's to be a surprise. Thing is, we've done it three trips in a row and it's more like a tradition instead of a surprise. Should I try to surprise them, or give in to the fact that it's a standard thing? THANKS! S

YEPPERS! That's on my list. I mentioned it once to my family, but then I put a lid on the subject so that will be a surprise!

In April, we surprised the kids everyday with a toy from Mickey and friends. I pre-wrapped 11 gifts ~ blue gift wrap for ds and pink gift wrap for dd ~ I made special Disney name tags for them too. When we arrived at CSR, I made dd use the washroom, then I quickly unpacked a big bright yellow bag and tossed a gift per kid in the bag. When dd came out of the washroom, I said, "What's this bag?" She looked in and VOILA gifts! Every night I re-filled the bag, she never looked in the bag in the morning, but upon return to the room, she went straight for the bag and was surprised with a gift daily! ds is only 2, so he didn't get it really. It was a nice addition to seeing the toys in the window too! I didn't go over board with the cost ~ things like a Disney Princess t-shirt, skipping rope (excellent for a little girl with steam to burn), books, pens, bubbles, little travel games, Disney player cards, Disney beanies (when they went on sale).

I also wrote (typed) letters for each day ~ but I left them at home. But that's okay because now I have a letter surprise daily for next trip. Each letter was from a character that I knew we would see the following day. For example, the first night was an invitation to Cinderella's Royal Breakfast and a kind note saying how Cinderella is looking forward to seeing dd and ds. Each letter would be found the night before we would see the character. If I knew we were going to AK the next day, Mickey would write suggesting AK and want rides and shows to see. It was fun and I know dd would have loved it. NEXT TRIP! I will likely put Disney Dollars with the letters, one or two a day. Thing is, next trip dd will be 10 years old, I think she'll still be into it and ds will the 4 ~ so he'll know what's going on. Disney Dollars will pack easier than 22 gifts LOL!

S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter