How to surprise the kids on Christmas morning for a trip that will be on Spring Break?

MelSettle

Earning My Ears
We have booked a trip to Disney for Spring Break but would like to use it as part of the kids Christmas gift. They have been begging to go back so they will be super excited. Since we won't have our magic bands yet, any good ideas on how to surprise them via Christmas gifts under the tree? Thanks in advance!

Edited: I mainly just don't want them to think we are going right away and get disappointed, so something that would relay that it will be spring break?

We do a Santa riddle present hunt every year - Santa leaves a riddle on the tree to the 1st site...and then they find a 2nd riddle (and sometimes a present) at the 2nd site and a 3rd site, before finding the "big gift" at the last site...

Ala Blue's Clues, you could have a Calendar with the date circled, Disney shirts, and an airplane that could all lead to the final answer of a Disney vacation (with copies of the tickets in the last box)...

I once bought a few helium balloons, attached cards on the ends of the ribbons to describe the surprise, stuffed them in a big box and wrapped it. When he opened the box, the balloons floated out to reveal the surprise. It was pretty fun!

I am in a similar situation. DH and I have been tossing ideas around.
Some of our ideas are scavenger hunt, create a puzzle with a picture of them and text saying "We are going to Disney", "hint" gifts such as matching family t-shirts

Thanks *DisneyWishes14 for the floating balloon idea. Love it!

We made “tickets” with each kids name and the date of the trip and laminated and wrapped them.

I would do a wrapped box with summer type items (flip flops, towels, spray bottle fans) and autograph books and say you'll need them in April on your trip to Disney.

I like the ticket idea too.

I did a treasure hunt last year on Christmas morning and it was so fun to plan and watch the kids search, totally amazing Christmas memory for our family. <3

I'm sure you've thought of this but that seems like a really long time off to give as a gift. Are you sure your kids aren't going to be upset that the trip isn't sooner since you are using it as part of their gift.

Personally my kids won't be upset. If I could have booked earlier, I would have and intend to tell them that we couldn't due to their soccer schedule, tournaments etc. My kids will totally understand and be thrilled regardless of when we go. They really don't need more "things" and they would prefer quality family trip.

I once bought a few helium balloons, attached cards on the ends of the ribbons to describe the surprise, stuffed them in a big box and wrapped it. When he opened the box, the balloons floated out to reveal the surprise. It was pretty fun!

This is what I was planning on doing for my daughter this Christmas! I was going to add an invitation in the box from Minnie and Mickey inviting her to come down to their Magic Kingdom to meet everyone (she is 2.5, so she will believe this). I thought about adding a plush, too.

Our older 2 (19 and 16) know about our trip, so it is not a surprise, but it is for our 5 year old. We will have our Magic Bands for xmas morning, but I worried about my DD not realizing we have a ways to go so I bought a countdown to Disney display to put out with the bands so she can grasp how many weeks/days.
il_300x300.1296255664_7liz.jpg

Where did u buy the count down! We are doing a cruise and disney in June and wanted to tell them at Christmas as it is costing alot and Christmas will be small but we are worried about the dreaded is it time yet for 6 months lol
Our older 2 (19 and 16) know about our trip, so it is not a surprise, but it is for our 5 year old. We will have our Magic Bands for xmas morning, but I worried about my DD not realizing we have a ways to go so I bought a countdown to Disney display to put out with the bands so she can grasp how many weeks/days.
il_300x300.1296255664_7liz.jpg

Where did u buy the count down! We are doing a cruise and disney in June and wanted to tell them at Christmas as it is costing alot and Christmas will be small but we are worried about the dreaded is it time yet for 6 months lol

Etsy! Took about 10 days to ship, but the seller did a great job! I just searched for Disney Countdown

We are planning to tell our 2 boys on Christmas (12 & 8). I am wrapping up the "Unofficial Guide" for each of them (older copies found on Ebay), they like to help plan. Dad will get the newest edition of "Unofficial Guide" A newer Hidden Mickey Book for the youngest. The 4th & 5th book in "Kingdom Keepers" for the oldest. I make a planning guide for each of them in a three ring binder with lots of blank paper and sheet protectors. I usually print our resorts, park maps, and restaurant menus and then let them add to it. Also make them a countdown chain for their bedrooms.

I bought pewter plane ornaments and put the date on the back of them that we were leaving then I got like a camel Rubiks cube from the dollar store and printed off pictures of the hotel in Disney and that sort of thing and glue them on there and cut the strips so and then messed it up just a bit so they had to fix the Rubiks cube to figure out where they were going and we had a countdown calendar so they would know how many days until we left I think they were 89 maybe but we give it to him on Christmas and we left in February

We have booked a trip to Disney for Spring Break but would like to use it as part of the kids Christmas gift. They have been begging to go back so they will be super excited. Since we won't have our magic bands yet, any good ideas on how to surprise them via Christmas gifts under the tree? Thanks in advance!

Edited: I mainly just don't want them to think we are going right away and get disappointed, so something that would relay that it will be spring break?
There are some really cute countdown ideas on Pinterest! Maybe make one to include with the rest of the surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter