How to sit tight when planning is done!

OK - REAL TSA precheck.... it's gonna take a while :).

First? You must find a TSA Pre-check station. Here is how:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/how-can-i-find-enrollment-center

Second - you really SHOULD bring a US PASSPORT. You CAN bring other stuff.... but it's going to take longer.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/faq

The process is fast. Plan on spending about an HOUR going through this. This is NOT a trivial screening. The folks are serious.... and I was really pleased that they were.

Yes, I think a person’s passport, if you have one, is the preferred form of ID. It can be expired but not more than 12 months.

Also if you are married and you have changed your last name to your partner’s, make sure to bring your marriage certificate.

You will be fingerprinted during the interview.

We got an “interview” today after applying yesterday. And they said we would get our answer in a couple of weeks. I’ll report back when we get our KTN.

You can check online starting tomorrow. Most of the folks in our family got their KTN within a couple of days. I got mine in 24 hours, my daughters took a week. Once you get your KTN, go to your airline ff accounts and update the profile. If you are holding a ticket, you should be able to add the number to the ticket through your account. If you are holding a SW ticket you need to call them to add your KTN. Most you can do yourself, only SW you have to call, but can update your profile yourself.

HOW did I miss this one? YES - get that TSA Precheck. Sandy & I bought in last June. We have seen the "rules" shifting GREATLY between regular and Pre-Check lines. Having gone through the TSA Pre-Check process? We REALLY understand why.

For those considering TSA pre-check, if you live near a Canadian border and cross the border often consider getting the Nexus Pass instead. It lets you go through the border faster and also includes TSA precheck. It’s pricier though.

We are 58 days out. ADRs are booked, I bought a Landry's card so we can get into Yak and Yeti with some $ off. FPs are booked and the days are planned. Plane tickets purchased. Dog sitters arranged. I've looked at restaurant reviews on allears and trip advisor.
Now I guess I just have to wait until I get our ME tags, then our magic bands! But I want to do MORE! I'm about to buy a guidebook just so I can read a bunch of stuff I already know!
How do you cope in this "dead zone" between FP window and actually leaving??
You have a very serious case of the bug that only Doctor Disney can cure.

In that time we made several sets of matching t shirts, coin holders for pressed pennies (used mini M&M containers) and laminated name tags for strollers.....DD bought a laminator and I think if I stood still she would have tired to laminate me!

OK - REAL TSA precheck.... it's gonna take a while :).

First? You must find a TSA Pre-check station. Here is how:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/how-can-i-find-enrollment-center

Second - you really SHOULD bring a US PASSPORT. You CAN bring other stuff.... but it's going to take longer.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/faq

The process is fast. Plan on spending about an HOUR going through this. This is NOT a trivial screening. The folks are serious.... and I was really pleased that they were.

We had our interviews Tuesday and mine took all of 5 minutes, including fingerprinting. we had our passports for ID and he didn't look at birth certificate or marriage certificate (online it made it seem like I would have to prove why my birth name was different). I'm hoping to hear from them in a day or so.

We had our interviews Tuesday and mine took all of 5 minutes, including fingerprinting. we had our passports for ID and he didn't look at birth certificate or marriage certificate (online it made it seem like I would have to prove why my birth name was different). I'm hoping to hear from them in a day or so.

My wife had to use her birth certificate and our marriage certificate to prove that her name had changed, seems like it only matters if your name on your forms of ID have different last names. If my wife had a passport she wouldn't have needed our wedding certificate. Thankfully we had the marriage certificate in our documents we brought to the interview.

I would suggest bringing all your forms of ID if you have them handy, birth certificate, drivers license, passport, marriage certificate, and any others.

We are 58 days out. ADRs are booked, I bought a Landry's card so we can get into Yak and Yeti with some $ off. FPs are booked and the days are planned. Plane tickets purchased. Dog sitters arranged. I've looked at restaurant reviews on allears and trip advisor.
Now I guess I just have to wait until I get our ME tags, then our magic bands! But I want to do MORE! I'm about to buy a guidebook just so I can read a bunch of stuff I already know!

Tweak it girl! Lol

I'm fine tuning things up to day of, including 'better times' for FP+ & modifying ADRs

Often stalk the member site JIK an interesting option opens up to switch resorts

Mostly, i price out my rental car & flights a few times a day:crazy:

Some would call it busy work, but it's all part of how I enjoy planning a trip.:sunny:

Today's project: putting our KTNs into the Delta website (got them last night, 3 days after interview), and going to Target and using our Christmas $$ to buy gift cards with our Target card (5% off) and then paying them off.

Today's project: putting our KTNs into the Delta website (got them last night, 3 days after interview), and going to Target and using our Christmas $$ to buy gift cards with our Target card (5% off) and then paying them off.
Having done this.... KEEP DOING IT until everyone's Delta profile SHOWS "KTN entered". We had to BADGER Delta over this - hope you do not...

I've been musing over how BLT would look, done in a retro 70s style... (for all the people who say BLT is too "sterile"). Whatever, works for me and it was how I was able to buy BLT for a lot less than VGF or Poly!

Spend more time here!! Soon you will be able to see the flower and garden outdoor kitchen offerings - so you can plan your attack for the countries.
We love watching youtube videos especially tim tracker and dis - so those can help keep on top of changes or new things to look out for.

We are a little over a month out, and I completely understand what you are saying. I think I'll try to make some of those Disney recipes, and invite a few other Disney fanatics over to party with us. We always try to watch our favorite Disney movies just before we go. Have you read Mouse Junkies? It's hilarious! Keeping busy is the only way to stay sane.

Always make sure when you print boarding passes that it shows "Pre-check" on it. We've had it for years, and despite the KTN being in all our airline accounts, last month we got to O'Hare (flying AA), and DS's mobile boarding pass didn't say "Pre" on it (my mistake for not making sure!). He had to go thru the regular line (we were kinda cutting it close to boarding), but actually at that time, his line moved faster than the Pre-check line.

We're still considering Pre-check (I want to do it so bad!) so that I would carry our electronics and then my husband could move through the regular lines more quickly. However we'll need to see where our budget for my birthday trip ends up at!

We still have 97 days (!!!!) till our next trip to VGF and I've just been trying to plan down to the last, minute detail to keep myself occupied. We also decided to go in September so it helps to have two trips to plan at once!

We're still considering Pre-check (I want to do it so bad!) so that I would carry our electronics and then my husband could move through the regular lines more quickly. However we'll need to see where our budget for my birthday trip ends up at!

We still have 97 days (!!!!) till our next trip to VGF and I've just been trying to plan down to the last, minute detail to keep myself occupied. We also decided to go in September so it helps to have two trips to plan at once!

I would highly suggest TSA PRE for BOTH. And here is why....

It's not so much what anyone carries. It's what everyone ELSE carries. In your scenario, DH would have no electronics. But everyone stuffed in line AHEAD of him would :(. Same for food items, etc....

You would likely be spending serious time waiting for DH to get through the gauntlet :). You are right to consider "the line" - this is likely the greatest value of TSA PRE. It's really not so much "you" - it's all the people in FRONT of you.

I would highly suggest TSA PRE for BOTH. And here is why....

It's not so much what anyone carries. It's what everyone ELSE carries. In your scenario, DH would have no electronics. But everyone stuffed in line AHEAD of him would :(. Same for food items, etc....

You would likely be spending serious time waiting for DH to get through the gauntlet :). You are right to consider "the line" - this is likely the greatest value of TSA PRE. It's really not so much "you" - it's all the people in FRONT of you.

We definitely want to both have it, but right now (especially with a very heavy TS schedule for this trip) the cost would be a little prohibitive for both of us to sign up at the same time. At the very least he'd be able to use less of those lovely, treasured bins! :rotfl:

If we do it this trip for me, he'd definitely have his by the time our next trip rolls along though!

Had a KTN question.

Once your KTN is in your Southwest or Delta profile, do you have to do anything else to make sure it is printed on your boarding pass? Thanks.

Had a KTN question.

Once your KTN is in your Southwest or Delta profile, do you have to do anything else to make sure it is printed on your boarding pass? Thanks.
I don't regularly fly SW or DL, but I know with AA, once it's in, it's in. If you do electronic BPs, it should show very clearly on the e-BP. If not, go up to the counter and just ask for them to reissue the BP.

Back in the old days, with global entry and TSA pre-check, TSA pre-check wasn't 100% when you checked in for a domestic flight. So we'd have to go back to the counter where the attendants would just reissue a BP, and usually it would then show TSA precheck.

Which reminds me ... DH is taking the kids on an international trip this summer... must check on ODD's renewal (if she needs it) and get YDD Global Entry too... uggghhh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!