How to sit tight when planning is done!

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We are 58 days out. ADRs are booked, I bought a Landry's card so we can get into Yak and Yeti with some $ off. FPs are booked and the days are planned. Plane tickets purchased. Dog sitters arranged. I've looked at restaurant reviews on allears and trip advisor.
Now I guess I just have to wait until I get our ME tags, then our magic bands! But I want to do MORE! I'm about to buy a guidebook just so I can read a bunch of stuff I already know!
How do you cope in this "dead zone" between FP window and actually leaving??

I usually make matching/coordinating T-shirts for us and that definitely fills up the time! I have also decorated our MBs a time or two. I’m not necessarily a “crafty” person, but it does provide an outlet for my excitement and obsessing.

I spend way too much time on the Disboards.

That is what I am doing now! I love the planning aspect (and the lottery-like bit of snagging a hard to get ADR or room). And now ... nothing to do but wait. It will be our first time in a 1BR at BLT, which I put together day by day 5-7 months out. That was fun (and a little nerve wracking, but we had a backup reservation).

@DisneyRegulars, when do you go again?

OP, What ADRs do you have? We have got too many - though I think on the next trip (Thanksgiving), we will cook in the villa more.

We are here now! Then we have a humongous gap and don’t come again until August, I very well may not survive. Trip report coming soon, it’s a MIL trip this time. I’m hiding in my studio right now...
“Humongous gap” = January - August. :rotfl2:
I feel you on the MIL trip. That will be us over Thanksgiving. In a 2BR. Good luck!

I've spent my morning looking at our route (we're driving), checking out where I was thinking we could stop for breaks and making sure there are restaurants/gas stations that will be open. Thank you Google Maps!

We are 58 days out. ADRs are booked, I bought a Landry's card so we can get into Yak and Yeti with some $ off. FPs are booked and the days are planned. Plane tickets purchased. Dog sitters arranged. I've looked at restaurant reviews on allears and trip advisor.
Now I guess I just have to wait until I get our ME tags, then our magic bands! But I want to do MORE! I'm about to buy a guidebook just so I can read a bunch of stuff I already know!
How do you cope in this "dead zone" between FP window and actually leaving??

Just us - NEVER sit tight :). Airlines will change flight numbers. Pet sitters will get sick (an AGENCY with many folks helps here). Restaurants crap out on menus . Stuff gets shut down.... Surprises happen :).

Gee, I hate to say this, but EVERY WDW trip can flip on a moments notice :). Your bags getting "lost" is one example. We've been doing this 2 X Year, 12 years.... and as the "planner"? I don't rest until the last leg of our flight has been in the AIR for a good 10 minutes :(.

Hints: PHOTO your bags, and MDE tags. WDW, given info, is ruthless about chasing down lost luggage :). KEEP any airline bag check tags.
PRINT OUT all your Ressies on PAPER for when portions of MDE fail, and a Restaurant needs a Conf Number. SERIOUSLY consider Trip Insurance, or at least AIRLINE insurance.
CROSS PACK going out.... if one bag gets lost or delayed? One party does not end up with ZERO clothing...

For US? WDW has been WONDERFUL - Airlines? Not so much. But even when WDW has an "issue"? They have been STELLER about making things right :). A good 24 trips over the last few years for us.... and "issues" have cropped up. But NEVER with Disney, and they have always worked to death to CORRECT any issue :).

Start packing and taking things out foe your trip!

I did break down and buy Birnbaum, LOL, although I have donated so many of these from all of our trips! We are also being interviewed tomorrow to get a TSA precheck so hopefully that will all come through before we leave!

My planning is never done....see signature below for 2018....lol

Seems at any time I’m either making ADR, fastpasses, airline purchases, or choosing cruise activities. So I’m never done. I think it I got “done” I would be lost.

I think your doing it:teeth:

Come here and hang with fellow dis’ers... who “get it”:p
Happy planning and replanning:-)
Kerri

I did break down and buy Birnbaum, LOL, although I have donated so many of these from all of our trips! We are also being interviewed tomorrow to get a TSA precheck so hopefully that will all come through before we leave!
HOW did I miss this one? YES - get that TSA Precheck. Sandy & I bought in last June. We have seen the "rules" shifting GREATLY between regular and Pre-Check lines. Having gone through the TSA Pre-Check process? We REALLY understand why.

@Dean Marino - Those are some FANTASTIC travel tips!!! Our family is taking a big trip the beginning of April, and I will definitely use this information! I really am trying to avoid checked bags, but my guess is we’ll have to have at least one.

HOW did I miss this one? YES - get that TSA Precheck. Sandy & I bought in last June. We have seen the "rules" shifting GREATLY between regular and Pre-Check lines. Having gone through the TSA Pre-Check process? We REALLY understand why.

How long does that process typically take (application - completion)?

We got an “interview” today after applying yesterday. And they said we would get our answer in a couple of weeks. I’ll report back when we get our KTN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter