How to score a California Grill brunch reservation

nco91590

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm attempting to book brunch on January 19 (I know it's a very busy weekend), but the site is showing zero availability for brunch šŸ˜­ I tried entering in specific times to no avail. Does anyone have any insight on how to get a reservation or is it really that popular? Every time I see a review the place is empty......

Hi everyone! I'm attempting to book brunch on January 19 (I know it's a very busy weekend), but the site is showing zero availability for brunch šŸ˜­ I tried entering in specific times to no avail. Does anyone have any insight on how to get a reservation or is it really that popular? Every time I see a review the place is empty......

Sign up with one of the dining reservation finders. You may also have luck as you get closer to your date. Lots of people cancel right before the 24 hour mark. I got a lot of hard-to-get reservations that way.

Definitely sign up for a reservation finder. How many people are in your party? Odd numbers are harder to get than even, so if you have three look for four.

I was able to get a reservation for Sunday the 12th right when my 180 day window opened it was the 4th day of my trip so that helped, reservations lasted most of that day, but it was slim pickings and none were available the following day (I have kept trying to get a later time). It is only offered one day a week, it is very popular. Sign up for the TP reservation finder, I have never had it let me down, in my experience, the most movement is seen in the 7-10 days prior to the day you want to go.

Weā€™ve been to Cali Grill brunch 4 times and only one of the reservations was made at 180 days. Touringplans reservation finder worked well for us. One reservation was made the week before our trip; another was a few weeks prior.

I didn't even know about the Touring Plans Reservation finder!! Awesome! I guess I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks everyone!

I tried. DSS tried. I kept trying randomly. TP reservation finder got me one with in less than 2 weeks for 12/22. I would like an earlier reservation, so I kept the alert.

We used TP reservation finder. It took us a long time before one popped up. Our reservation window opened in Feb. and a reservation was finally found in June. Good luck and keep looking! You'll get one!

I currently have 2 TP searches going on for CGB for the same date in December. One is for 1:00 PM and the other for 11:00 AM thus covering the entire time brunch operates. Haven't had a hit in 2 or 3 weeks but I've time.

I feel your pain. I decided about 2 weeks after my 180 day window that we really wanted to do the brunch after seeing various reviews. I signed up to TP reservation finder and my husband and I are also checking about 4 times a day each.

I'm hopeful as it gets closer and people firm up their plans it will become available. Good Luck!

I'm joining the stalkers for late January. Tried this morning for Jan 26, first thing when reservations opened, (+9 days ahead), and nothing available. Signed up for alerts and will keep on checking!

Still waiting for my December one. Still kicking myself for not getting it at 180+10.

I am signed up to the touring plans ressie finder for both Sundays I am there but nothing yet. Check the app around 10 times a day. Getting bored of that now haha.

Iā€™m still sure some will free up when we get closer as Iā€™m sure people will rethink a $200 brunch.

Still waiting for my December one. Still kicking myself for not getting it at 180+10.

I am signed up to the touring plans ressie finder for both Sundays I am there but nothing yet. Check the app around 10 times a day. Getting bored of that now haha.

Iā€™m still sure some will free up when we get closer as Iā€™m sure people will rethink a $200 brunch.

I didn't book a room until after 180 days had passed and also am waiting for 1 of 2 dates in December. Like you I'm confident someone will cancel before I get on property. Not checking regularly though. Have the TP search set up and when the text alert comes in I'll answer;).

GL and happy hunting!

I didn't book a room until after 180 days had passed and also am waiting for 1 of 2 dates in December. Like you I'm confident someone will cancel before I get on property. Not checking regularly though. Have the TP search set up and when the text alert comes in I'll answer;).

GL and happy hunting!

Yes I need to get over the obsessive checking, I know that TP email will come in when they find one, always been successful for me in the past!

Thanks and good luck to you too! :)

Got it!!

California Grill - Brunch at the Top Sunday, December 29, 2019 (12:50 PM, Brunch) :yay:
That's one day that my FP strategy is now known: MK morning roller coasters here we come! LOL

Got it!!

California Grill - Brunch at the Top Sunday, December 29, 2019 (12:50 PM, Brunch) :yay:
That's one day that my FP strategy is now known: MK morning roller coasters here we come! LOL

Itā€™s the best feeling when you finally get a ressie youā€™ve been waiting for! Glad you got one! Weā€™ll be eating brunch at CG in one week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!