How to refresh in park for FP??

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
So I just booked our Fast passes for our day trip next month. We are doing HS then AK. So using FP at AK. Obviously there were no FOP but I want to keep checking the day of. Is the only way to see what's available is to go in like Im changing one and click everyone in my party and then looking what I can switch it too? That seems like it would take awhile and not very effective to be able to constantly check? Thanks so much!!!

There may be other ways, but what you've described is how I do it. I used to think that it was a losing proposition, until I learned how it works. You have to CONSTANTLY refresh, either by switching the timeslots, or however your phone or pc browser allows you quickly refresh, and be ready to POUNCE when something appears that you want. Honestly, I bet I could go to any park with no fastpasses on a moderate cl day, and get as many fp's for the rides I wanted to. Yes, you gotta be dilligent, but when you get the hang of it, you'll be pumping your fist when you start scoring what you want by working the system. Sometimes it'll take a few minutes, sometimes, it might take 10 minutes, sometimes, you might not score exactly what you want, but if you don't try, you won't get ANYTHING. On our first visit, I would just refresh a few times here and there, and then give up. You gotta take a minute, and refresh like crazy, and concentrate. Once you get the hang of it, it's really not a big deal, and it's kinda fun when you're on "The Hunt" and you score. Remember tho - if you don't try, you'll get nothing, and the other people on "The Hunt" will be scoring.

I just got back from a trip that we finalized only a week before leaving and was able to get FP for all the headliners we wanted using refresh on the day of. Obviously some are harder than others but we scored back to back FOP (that even surprised me) because I checked while we were waiting in line on our first FOP FP. The larger the group the harder it can be, we had 3 of us at the time. If you aren't able to get FOP there is always the option to go right before closing when the lines are much shorter and use refresh to save time on the other rides you want to do.

that is how we have done it and it works well.
When you check, if nothing comes up that you are interested in, change the time by 30 minutes and recheck. When an attraction comes up that you want, even if its the wrong time, grab it. Then go back and repeat the process to modify the time.
It makes no sense, but we have more luck modifying the time of an attraction after we have it selected , than continuiing to look for the attraction with the exact time we want.

Definitely agree with what Gharter says. Maybe it's just easier to see the times of the particular attraction since they will be listed first, instead of having to look through the full list of available attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter