How to prevent getting timed out for spam?

Mousekethot

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

Is there something I may have done by accident to trigger a timeout for spam? I assume it's because I'm a new user contributing to a bunch of threads, but if we are meant to hit a 10 post count to fully participate it's a little unfortunate to keep getting locked out. Is it because I double responded to a thread by accident?

Any tips to prevent this moving forward would be appreciated!

Not sure what you are asking. You need 10 posts to be able to send private messages to other users. You can post here once you have setup your profile.

Not sure what you are asking. You need 10 posts to be able to send private messages to other users. You can post here once you have setup your profile.

What is happening is all of a sudden when I try to reply to a thread (not start a private conversation) instead of the text field I get a message that says "you can reply in 55 minutes and 19 seconds..." Or something to the like. I'm getting frozen/timed out from responding as if I'm posting too much and triggering a spam blocker.

Some other forum sites limit how frequently you can post messages. Not sure if this site works that way as well.

Right, that's what I was trying to figure out. No problem abiding by the rules, I just can't seem to find any established rules about number of posts anywhere. :confused3

What is happening is all of a sudden when I try to reply to a thread (not start a private conversation) instead of the text field I get a message that says "you can reply in 55 minutes and 19 seconds..." Or something to the like. I'm getting frozen/timed out from responding as if I'm posting too much and triggering a spam blocker.
I believe you now have to have 10 posts AND be a member for at least 24 hours (I think it's 24 hours) before you get full privileges. That was implemented to decrease the spambots that were showing up more and more frequently.

I believe you now have to have 10 posts AND be a member for at least 24 hours (I think it's 24 hours) before you get full privileges. That was implemented to decrease the spambots that were showing up more and more frequently.

That makes sense - thank you!

There is still a spam timeout, even when you have been here for 10+ years and 10,000+ posts. I think it's 30 seconds. At least that's less than an hour!

Edit: Yep...30 seconds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter