How to politely ask for Clubb 33 reservation from family friend.

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
DH just found out a friend of ours has an in to club33.
It is his close friend's dad that has the membership, with whom DH actually works for and is also friends with.
They have frequently dined there, but they don't quite realize what a treat it is, as they aren't huge Disneyland fans, and it is usually for business meetings. As they often refer it to just another restaurant to have business done.
What is a polite way I can ask if they would be willing to make a reservation for us. We are good friends, but I just feel awkward asking for this, as I was raised with the mentality of not asking for favors.
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

And I am aware they could always say no they can't, or not enough reservations left for unaccompanied guests, so i am walking in with hopes down, but just need advice on what to say or ask.

We have been a few times over the years, it is very nice and very expensive. I would just ask if it would be possible to make a reservation for your family on a specific date. The worst it could be is no. Liked it better before the remodel.

Jack

Tell friend you would LOVE the opportunity to go and offer up a double date and see if they will take ya.

I'd probably mention that I've always wanted to go and offer to pay for their meal if they are able to get us a reservation. If they don't care for it that much, they may just make the reservation for you. If not, you'll be buying them a meal, so it isn't as much of a favor as it is a trade.

We have been a few times over the years, it is very nice and very expensive. I would just ask if it would be possible to make a reservation for your family on a specific date. The worst it could be is no. Liked it better before the remodel.

Jack
Tell friend you would LOVE the opportunity to go and offer up a double date and see if they will take ya.

I just spoke with my friend. He said they have used up the last of their non accompanying guest reservations. I guess they only have a few per year where they do not attend and can let a friend go.
And they said they will be not renewing their membership next year and are taking a break for disney.
Bad news for me, good news for somebody on the waiting list. Oh well, I still have a couple months before our final trip to DLR for the foreseeable future.

I just spoke with my friend. He said they have used up the last of their non accompanying guest reservations. I guess they only have a few per year where they do not attend and can let a friend go.
And they said they will be not renewing their membership next year and are taking a break for disney.
Bad news for me, good news for somebody on the waiting list. Oh well, I still have a couple months before our final trip to DLR for the foreseeable future.
Yes, they are limited on the number of unaccompanied reservations a year (I believe it is 20.) I'm surprised someone just drops their membership after the large initiation fee involved. But good luck on the visit!

Yes, they are limited on the number of unaccompanied reservations a year (I believe it is 20.) I'm surprised someone just drops their membership after the large initiation fee involved. But good luck on the visit!
They have been members for 25+ years I believe. He is in his eighties and got it during the early 90s. His family just doesn't visit the park anymore. They have moved on to universal and knotts.

They have been members for 25+ years I believe. He is in his eighties and got it during the early 90s. His family just doesn't visit the park anymore. They have moved on to universal and knotts.
That is understandable then...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!