How to pick site and loop?

LowcountryLion

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know how to view what sites are available? I'm looking to book a site for next year and no where do I see an availability map. Also, during checkout I don't see the ability to select a site number or even a loop number. It's my first time at this park so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Does anyone know how to view what sites are available? I'm looking to book a site for next year and no where do I see an availability map. Also, during checkout I don't see the ability to select a site number or even a loop number. It's my first time at this park so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
You can only reserve a site type (tent, full hook up, premium, and preferred). After booking you can call and add a request for a certain loop.

Thanks
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/

Post 8 on that thread has a map showing the loop types.

As G719 said, the Fort hasn't quite joined this millennium as far as reservations are concerned. The best you can do after reserving a type of site (Premium, Preferred, Full, Tent) is call to have a loop or specific site request added to the reservation. Remember this is only a request. Most of us have been successful at least half the time getting a requested loop. I have only heard of a few that have made and received a specific site request. The biggest challenge with individual sites is knowing which site is where. Disney doesn't publish site specifics anywhere.

If you have a specific concern (need very long site << me, don't want to be near water, near bus stop, site able to accommodate a 24X30 ft tent), it is best to call the reservations line and have this information added to your reservation. I know the CMs at the Fort can see this and make attempts to fill the request that are reasonable.

Again, no guarantee.

j

As a frequent visitor, I recommend you do not stress over which loop or site you want. As suggested above, decide the type of site you need, then add your preferences to the reservation. We never pre-request a specific loop or site; upon check-in we let the CM know our preferences (away from the bus stops and restrooms, near the walking paths, etc.) They always do their very best to accommodate us. Only once have we ever requested a change after going to our site (the tail-end of our MH hung out over a canal).
If, however, location is most important to your vacation enjoyment, you can do a web search to get more detailed site/loop information from some non-Disney sources.

Thanks

Particular loops/sites have never been guaranteed, but usually are considered. A particular loop (100) is very important to us, and all but a very few times in many years has it not been granted. The site within that loop doesn't matter at all. Getting there in the morning on check-in day does seem to make a difference, and usually we go right to our site.

You simply go to Disney's website and type in your dates, it will give you the availability of the levels at the campground. The campground map shows the loops and levels.

new-map-jpg.315552

As everyone stated above on can request a loop but one may or may not get it. We are at 33 percent for our stays. We always call and let them know what we are coming in with, a 43ft trailer with six slides, so they can put us in a big enough site. The Fort from number 1 to number 0 as the crow flies is approximately one mile.
With our setup, we are very limited now as to where we fit, so I know where we will be on further visits.

The Fort does site assignments about 3 days before you arrive, based on sites available, lengths, requests, length of stay, etc. The computer does some of the work, then a CM has to go thru and fine tune it, bless this person.

We have stay in 100, 1400 and 1100, and well they were all good loops, after all, we were in Disney on Vacation.

Our local little forest preserve with 40 sites (20 are non-reserve) gives us the option to reserve a site up to a year in advance, site has a overlay map, you click on the site and it shows you an actual picture of the site to reserve. Sites are $23.00, electric only or $14 no electric. I pay over $100.00 a night at Disney and get to "request" a loop. I wonder why they haven't given it a shot yet?

Our local little forest preserve with 40 sites (20 are non-reserve) gives us the option to reserve a site up to a year in advance, site has a overlay map, you click on the site and it shows you an actual picture of the site to reserve. Sites are $23.00, electric only or $14 no electric. I pay over $100.00 a night at Disney and get to "request" a loop. I wonder why they haven't given it a shot yet?

It probably requires the skills of the IT hotshots from Disney who overspent the budget by millions getting My Disney Experience / Magic Bands up and functioning way past its desired due dates. People lost their jobs due to these critical misses plus Disney outsourced a lot of its IT talent in a very public messy way.

On an honest note, team bradfield, to do it for the Fort means they would probably try to roll out the site/room selection feature for ALL their resorts ("I want to pick a specific Pirate themed room at Caribbean Beach for a specific date. On the ground floor. Near the bus stop."). Can you image the reaction on the DIS Resorts board if they did that? :crazy:

Bama Ed

Question to Ed (or anyone else that has arrived at the crack of dawn)

When you arrive and want to talk to a CM about available sites, where do you park? I assume you go inside and not at the drive through lanes?

I only recall being directed to the drive through lanes and I'm not sure how to get any where else, especially being 60+ ft long.

j

I believe we are all aware that Disney is renown for it's customer service. However with so many of us requesting the limited number of sites that in general are available to meet the overwhelming number of requests for amenities. such as Pool side, Near elevator or stairs, and Customized Wildlife Experiences. Coupled with their desire to keep those they consider "INSIDER ELITE GUESTS" happy by catering to their whims ,wishes, and desires. Like those that demand a site in a loop free of Riff Raff , celebrity or otherwise.
In order to best deal with this, Disney has developed a very scientific method for assigning sites. This includes but is not limited to; a) Copious amounts of alcohol preferably Tequila b) Liberal use of Spinning Teacup c) A Dart Board suspended from the ceiling by a string in an emergency a tire may be substituted d A handful of Darts e) 1 set of Blackout Googles

Last edited:
Question to Ed (or anyone else that has arrived at the crack of dawn)

When you arrive and want to talk to a CM about available sites, where do you park? I assume you go inside and not at the drive through lanes?

I only recall being directed to the drive through lanes and I'm not sure how to get any where else, especially being 60+ ft long.

j

That early in the morning the drive through lanes (4 of them I believe) are all open and you pull up to the typical place that you would if you were staying in your vehicle and checking in. You park there and go inside. When your inside they'll go through the usual check in and then tell you if your site is ready or not. If not, then just ask politely if there is a possibility of another site of the class you selected that is open.

They do, but only to talk about thro... Nevermind. :D

j

@Teamubr Throwaway cookies......you were going to say "throwaway cookies" :rolleyes1

That early in the morning the drive through lanes (4 of them I believe) are all open and you pull up to the typical place that you would if you were staying in your vehicle and checking in. You park there and go inside. When your inside they'll go through the usual check in and then tell you if your site is ready or not. If not, then just ask politely if there is a possibility of another site of the class you selected that is open.

2 years ago we arrived at the Fort at 6AM and that is what we did. We parked in an Outpost lane and went inside to check in. This worked out good for us as the CM got her campsite book out and we actually looked at available sites and listed dimensions for each site. This was a big help in picking a good site. We were fortunate that year that the site we wanted was open.

Steve

Michael and Steve,

Thanks for the arrival details. It seemed a little odd that you would just block a lane to go inside, but I couldn't think how to get to the other side with a big trailer and park it.

And yes Steve. Cookies. :P

j

Last edited:
Yes, Teamubr, the guard will direct you over there to park in the empty unmanned check-in lanes. Park in one and walk on in to the lobby. Of course if your magic bands already work the gate, no problem. Usually I go through the guard side and he checks id because I haven't gotten the checkin text. But even when I have, I park and go in to negotiate and see if there is any of the specific sites I like available.

I'd say out of at least a half dozen times I've checked in early, I was the only one in the lobby with the CM all to myself. Once there was someone at the counter but they were departing really early.

Bama Ed

The majority of our stays have required us to go back to the check in because the site wouldnt accommodate our trailer. I usually look in the area where I know we will fit and make note of any empty sites so I can give them some idea of what we actually need. It gets old after a while.

The majority of our stays have required us to go back to the check in because the site wouldnt accommodate our trailer. I usually look in the area where I know we will fit and make note of any empty sites so I can give them some idea of what we actually need. It gets old after a while.

We only had to go back this last trip, had the trailer in the site, was long enough but could not swing front of truck in line to finish backing in, after 15 min gave up had to go back up front and see where they could move us to. That site was on the inside of the 1300 loop. Our trailer is 43 feet with 6 slides, I always call an make sure they note in our reservation the trailer size and overall length for when they assign sites. This way they can hopefully put us somewhere we fit on the first try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter