~~How to participate in Monday night's live chat~~

nativetxn

<font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono
Monday night's live chat will feature Sam Pensula who is the general manager of the <b>Yacht & Beach Club and Beach Club Villas</b>. Mr. Pensula will be entertaining questions about these beautiful resorts.

This event will take place at 9:00 PM est. We will be using 2 of the chat rooms, the main lobby, as always, and the auditorium. In the main lobby, you will be able to chat normally and see the questions and answers. The auditorium will be reserved for those who want to concentrate on the questions and answers. During the chat with the Captain, many people discovered that the auditorium was the best place to concentrate on the questions and answers. If you find yourself having problems, I suggest that you go to the auditorium by clicking on the word auditorium above the chat window. If you are having problems ask the host for help and they can direct you.

In order to ask a question of the speaker you need to use the /ask command. In the box where you normally type, you would create a line like this:

<font color=red>/ask What exactly is concierge?</font>

Your question will be given a number and placed on the list. All questions will be screened and we will select the best ones to present to the speakers.

You will find a link to the chat room if you go to the DIS homepage and scroll down the list of informational sites, on the left side of the page, to the Community/Misc category, Or...you can just CLICK HEREhttp://198.65.141.55/chat/world/html/index.html

On your first visit to the chat room you will have to create a user name and password. If you are using AOL, it works better to minimize AOL after you log on and use Internet Explorer to chat.

If you use a MAC you will need to choose the html chat program for chat.

Join us tonight, this is going to be fun!

Katholyn

Okay, I am having a duh moment here, but I don't get it. I have been to several DVC chats including the one last night so I know how to chat normally from the main lobby. You just type in the box at the bottom and someone answers your question.

I am a bit confused.

1) Will you see the same questions and answers from both the main lobby and the auditorium?

2) Can you only ask a question to the GM from the auditorium?

3) As far as the /ask goes, is this only for asking a questin from the auditorium?

I guess my confusion is why the auditorium? What are the benefits?

The "Auditorium" format is used when we have guest speakers in chat. It allows a more orderly means to have questions answered and effectively keeps the chat on topic.

This should be a well attended chat, so be sure to have your questions ready to ask.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter