How to learn how to camp???

Jeannine

Earning My Ears
Ok, maybe this is a natural to a lot of people, but not to me. I'm the family trip planner and need help. My husband grew up camping and says his parents have everything we need,but....how do I know? Are there books, magazines or other places I could learn a little more about camping??? We're going to camp a little this summer before our trip to Ft. Wilderness this Sept. Thanks for your help.

Hi, I saw your post about camping. I didn't start camping until I had children and now I love it! We've been to Ft. Wilderness 5 times with the kids. Our youngest was 5 weeks old the first time we made the trip ~ he's now a veteran! There is a lot of information on the internet about camping (i.e. checklists, do's and don'ts, etc.). Have a wonderful time.

lad-tra03.gif

And, we're happy to answer any questions you have about camping right here! :D

A couple of hints:

I would suggest bringing a screen tent, to put over your picnic table area. This keeps the bugs and rain out (and the ducks!!). You will be glad you have it!

Make sure you bring enough flashlights for everyone. It's pretty dark at night if you need to get up & go to the comfort station!

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

First of all relax. If you have all the equipment you need, you are well on your way. There really isn't much to camping other than enjoying the outdoors. As long as you can pitch a tent, have a sleeping bag to crawl into and something to cook with, you shouldn't have a problem. Add to that the Disney magic you will feel when you're at Fort Wilderness and you've got nothing to worry about. You will have a great time. ;)

wdwfortwildernesslogo.gif

{Dreams Do Come True at Walts Place}
cmprmov4.gif

Thanks once again for the great advise. You make it sound like so much fun. Once the snow melts we're going to start playing with the equipment and see what's there (and what condition it's in). A couple of dry runs in the yard and hopefully we'll be ready for September.
Thanks again
Jeannine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!