How to dress for 70 degree weather?

RobertaMomof2

Mouseketeer
Hey all! We are leaving this weekend for Disneyland! :cool1:

I noticed it will be approx. 70 degrees all week. Do you consider that shorts weather? My husband says long pants and short sleeves (I am trying to pack for the kids). I think that is more shorts and short sleeves. Is it windy at DL and CA because that would make him right and well I like to avoid that whenever possible :rolleyes:

Please let me know your opinions, thanks! I am soooo excited!

:cheer2: Roberta

I noticed it will be approx. 70 degrees all week. Do you consider that shorts weather? My husband says long pants and short sleeves (I am trying to pack for the kids). I think that is more shorts and short sleeves. Is it windy at DL and CA because that would make him right and well I like to avoid that whenever possible :rolleyes:

Well, days may be ok for shorts, but I think you will want long pants at night. Especially if it gets windy (which it can).

Last week when we were there it was low 70's and that was cold in the shade
Especially in the AM and PM. We wore long pants and short sleeves and sweatshirts. Only during the high noon -3 did we take off the sweatshirts.
We drank hot chocolate at night too. LOL
I would bring a variety of clothes, layers cause 70 can be cold and pretty warm especally in the sun and in crowds. :)

To me, 70s is not shorts weather, but I am used to So Cal. If you are used to cold weather, it will (relatively) be warm for you. Also, it cools down in the evening.

;) I guess it really depends on where you are from, and what you are used to. For me, thats definately shorts weather, but then I'm wearing capri's and sandals now and its mid-40's here!

;) I guess it really depends on where you are from, and what you are used to. For me, thats definately shorts weather, but then I'm wearing capri's and sandals now and its mid-40's here!

PERFECT example. My first thought to "mid-40s here" was: "OMG! Brrrrr! Long pants, sweater, gloves, scarf!"

To me 70's is cold. To my DH it's shorts. We're from New England where the weather can change in the blink of an eye. Thanks for the info though. It will help me when I start packing this weekend. WOOHOO

We wear jeans and short sleeves with tennis shoes and we bring sweatshirts. We are up North so it gets pretty darn cold here but for me 70's is still pants weather. The kids will probably bring bermuda shorts or capris but I'll be in jeans this weekend. :)

I'm going this weekend too. It's 48 now where I am, so that gives some perspective on where I am coming from. Although, it was high 60s a few days ago and that was pretty "hot" for around here.

I hate to be cold, so I am taking capris/jeans and a variety of layering options for tops. I am also wearing shoes with socks so my feet won't get cold in the evenings. I would do the same for my children if they were coming, but they're staying home with dad for this trip.

You could probably get away with shorts, but you wouldn't be uncomfortable in pants, and the pants can go with the whole day's worth of weather variety.

Thanks so much everyone!

I am in the Bay Area of California (on the coast) sooo 70s seems warm to me, ha ha ha. 40's is for sure COLD. I will bring some pants and long shorts, with short sleeves and pullovers (for the evenings). A pair of sandals as well as tennis shoes and socks for the kids (well and myself too).

Thanks so much, we will plan to do the pool at high noon or so to take advantage of the warmish weather before sunset.

Thanks again!

75ish is perfect weather for shorts and sandles as long as its sunny and no excessive wind.

However, the early mornings and late nights can be chilly. It's a pain to go out to the car for a sweater or change. Some wear shorts and bring extra clothes for nights and use a locker just outside the Disneyland gates.

It will be 70ish during the day but only 50-52 at night. About an hour before sunset, we get "sundowners", so it gets pretty breezy and chilly. :goodvibes

Somewhat depends on where you are coming from and what you are used to. 70's to me is quite warm and shorts and a t-shirt would work, but I know for others that might seem on the cool side

I do think at least being prepared with like a sweater or something for the evenings should it turn a bit cooler when the sun goes down would make a lot of sense

My mother and I went in May. It was forecasted to be 80 degrees during our trip so I only packed shorts and T-shirts. I really wished I had packed some pants cause it was cold for being 80 degrees!!! I was glad I had brought my hoodie for the plane ride. I was freezing in the mornings and the evenings. During the day was ok but rarely took off the hoodie the whole trip. I was so used to 80 degrees at home and Florida being hot weather.

Layers are a good idea. There is a big difference between 70's in the sun, in the shade, in a/c, while moving around from ride to ride, and while sitting inactive waiting for a parade or a show. DH would be in jeans and a t-shirt and be fine. I would need a sweater or light jacket for the a/c and inactive times. As suggested above, getting a locker would allow you to bring extra clothes and shoes that you wouldn't have to carry around all day. There are lockers in both parks and in the esplanade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter