How to dress at PI clubs ???

Dizhappy

Earning My Ears
Do people at PI clubs wear shorts & t shirts like you wear at the parks or do they dress up in casual pants and the like. Also, is it mainly couples that go into the clubs.....I dont want to be the only one standing around by myself. (LOL)

Lots of couples and groups. I don't think there are too many singles there, but I'm sure there are some.

As far as dress, it seems that most people wither come as they are or change into smart casual. None of the clubs have dress codes, and I've worn everything from shorts to a nice dress, depending on where I was coming from.

if there is a large convention going on you'll likely see a lot of people in business casual.

The locals tend to wear "club attire" which is hard to describe, but hopefully you'll know what I mean.

Anne

Dress and who is there varies and a lot depends on which night you are there.

If you go on a weeknight you are more likely to see families with kids, some couples, groups and solos. Dress ranges from park clothes to casual or "convention" attire (I just love the convention people complete with their meeting bags and such, :rolleyes: ).

I think Tuesday is CM night and the place is packed. Again, casual type dress.

On Friday and Saturday nights the locals pack PI. It tends to be a younger, wilder crowd. The style of dress is then more often "club attire". Girls are in tiny halters, tanks, "spray on" pants while the guys are in chinos, nice shirts (open, no ties ever) or polos. You get the picture. The tourists are there also in sundresses, park casual, t's and shorts, you name it.

There really is no dress code. Wear what you think is appropriate, whether shorts and t-shirts or slacks, dresses, etc...

I've gone both ways and have worn shorts, etc... but have also been known to go back to my resort and thrown on a pair of chinos/jeans and a nice shirt. And club attire from time to time. Depends on which club I spend more time in!

All the dress advice here is good. I've gone in everything from a tux (a semi-gag after an eighth wedding anniversary dinner at V&A), and blue jean shorts, old tee and flip flops. And everything in between. Quite frankly, I feel most comfortable in cargo shorts and a casual button-up shirt. But honestly, I got more stares in the tux than the old tee-shirt.

I'm working on 100 nights at PI (only at 68, but I'm only 41!). I've been in groups, couples, and singles. I've felt most comfortable as a single. No worries whatsoever. Although in the AC, a single can accidently become a bigger part of the show than they'd like. Pamela Perkins once tried to find me a wife. When I informed her I was married, Pamela and myself wound up talking about my wife for fifteen minutes, in front of a packed lobby. Buyer beware.

But worry not about being a solo. With all due respects to DW, I find going alone a facinating experience.

Pat

If you're looking to hang with the single local crowd, you'll find them at CityWalk. Aside from CM nights, PI is almost entirely tourist. (It's local cool quotient is pretty much zero.)

Don't forget the the Boardwalk has two clubs, too. Things are seriously less rowdy, and more about listening to music and having fun there.

Actually as a single female one of the reasons I like PI is that you really are not every hit on. I don't go to "pick up" men in Orlando (I already have ONE long distance relationship!)

I have gone single several times and I really don't think people notice, but I usually leave early (ie 10 to 11).

What more do any of you know about 'cast member night'?

I work for Disney, but I'm not employed at the park. (I work for one of their radio properties.) I want to make sure I take advantage of everything I can!

I hate to be a Kiljoy, but I would note that, going by yourself, you ought to keep your wits about you, regardless of what you wear, be it "spray-on pants" or anything else. While I have had many interesting/wonderful experiences at PI, I had one less than wonderful one when I went alone. Thanks to a CM who recognized what was happening and was willing to put himself on the line, everything turned out fine. So, wear what you like, but be aware that, when you're alone, you don't necessarily have anyone to "get your back."

That said, I have since been on my own (a get back on the horse sort of thing) and met a wonderful couple and had a fantastic time. So, have a great deal of fun on your solo trip! (Only 133 days until my next solo trip...)

<b>Welcome to the DIS and Adults/Solo Board, Wineaux and kanganroo.

When I went last time (solo trip) I didn't go into the clubs... only Adventurers and the comedy club I mean... none of the others. I was wearing jeans- because it got pretty cool during that Jan trip and that's the only reason I didn't wear shorts. HOWEVER, that is basically all I had to wear then. Now I've been clothes shopping recently and have nicer things to wear- so I might not just wear jeans or shorts on the next trip.

I think you should wear whatever you are comfortable in.. everyone there is dressed differently from what I saw. I'm talking from grunge look to casual shorts/jeans to dressed up like they were on a date to business attire. Everything. And no one looked out of place. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter