How to do child swap with 3 adults, 2 big kids, 1 toddler?

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Helloo! I can't quite wrap my brain around how to make the best of the rider switch system (if I even can) on my upcoming trip with my brother and his wife and their 2 big kids. I will be traveling without my hubby - just my son who will be 2.5.

We'll do 2 parks a day, and I know you can have group 1 book all the morning FPs and group 2 do all the afternoon ones. My goal is to ride a bunch of rides with my nieces (the big kids) and let them enjoy riding stuff twice.

How should we divvy up our FPs to maximize rider switch (again, if we even can with 3 adults)? Would one adult always be "left out"?

Thanks!!

Unless I’m mistaken, all the members of your party have to have a FP for the ride. Maybe I am just behind on FP planning and I’m sure someone will either confirm this or correct me. As far as rider switch. The entire group will go on the ride minus the toddler and 1 adult. When the group gets off the ride the remaining adult can go on the ride with 3 other people so you would be able to take the 2 big kids and one other adult ( remember someone has to stay back with the toddler anyway) just take turns with the other adults and don’t forget to take your little one on some rides that he can enjoy with the entire family. While the rider switch is nice, if you use it a lot during the day, it can make a long miserable day for a toddler.

Rider swap allows up to 3 guests to ride after the first party rides (not 4 as mentioned above).

You will all need to approach the cm prior to riding, inform them that you want to rider swap and the CM will add the swap to the MB of the 3 people riding 2nd. First party rides, then switches with the parent who didn't ride and up to 2 additional riders who can then ride using FP line.

You can use rider swap via either the standby or FP line but some have reported needing a FP for the entire party to use the FP line, mainly on FOP and SDD. This seems to be inconsistent so you will have to decide if its worth the risk for you.

There is also a pretty long rider swap thread here on the family board you may find helpful.

I would also keep in mind that rider switch is intended to avoid a double wait for parties with small children not as an additional fast pass. The reason 3 are allowed is so the adult not riding the first time doesn't have to ride alone.

Rider swap allows up to 3 guests to ride after the first party rides (not 4 as mentioned above).

You will all need to approach the cm prior to riding, inform them that you want to rider swap and the CM will add the swap to the MB of the 3 people riding 2nd. First party rides, then switches with the parent who didn't ride and up to 2 additional riders who can then ride using FP line.

You can use rider swap via either the standby or FP line but some have reported needing a FP for the entire party to use the FP line, mainly on FOP and SDD. This seems to be inconsistent so you will have to decide if its worth the risk for you.

There is also a pretty long rider swap thread here on the family board you may find helpful.

I would also keep in mind that rider switch is intended to avoid a double wait for parties with small children not as an additional fast pass. The reason 3 are allowed is so the adult not riding the first time doesn't have to ride alone.
My bad!! I should have refrained from answering. I knew I probably missed something up. It has been a few years since I have used the rider swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter