How to celebrate 75th birthday?

snorkelmommato3

Earning My Ears
We are bringing a dear elderly friend with us to Disney World in November, and will be celebrating her 75th birthday during the trip (11/17). She doesn't have a ton of energy, but would like to spend her actual birthday in the parks. Any suggestions of what might make it an extra special day? Extra special lunch or dinner in one of the parks? We want to make this trip stress-free and memorable for her. It's her second visit to Disney World, but as a little girl she grew up in California and remembers shaking Walt's hand during one of her first visits to Disneyland. We've got 5 day park hoppers and are taking a day off every 3rd day so she can rest. We're taking her to Universal for 2 days prior to heading to Disney since she's also a fan of Harry Potter. TIA!

Do the fireworks dessert party if you can.
Obviously make sure she gets a birthday button!
Generally for my elderly parents I stick less to park riding and concentrate on the dining/experiences. So Dessert Party and character buffets/Cinderella's Table, etc; If you're staying onsite check out the deluxe resort restaurants (maybe stay club level if you can swing that)

If Disneyland holds an extra special place in her heart, I would take her to MK for her birthday. Consider trying to get a reservation at CRT (any meal) so she can celebrate with her fellow princesses and, if possible, book the Fireworks terrace dessert party. You will be at a bit of an angle to see the fireworks, but you will have seats for the show and won't have to battle crowds in the parks. Make sure to note her birthday on all reservations!

Get her two of the free buttons: a "Happy Birthday", and an "I'm celebrating". On the celebrating one, write "Once shook hands with Walt Disney". I like the Garden View Tea idea. Depending on her interests, a meal at Skipper Canteen could also be fun.

Fireworks dessert party for sure. If you really wanted to splurge and could get it I bet Victoria and Alberts Chef table experience would be a pretty awesome 75th birthday meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter