How to buy park tickets as a dvc member?

Mike valera

Earning My Ears
This maybe a dumb question but how does everyone buy park tickets as a dvc member? Booking first dvc stay and just wondering how to get my park tickets and linking them with my resort? Do I go thru member services? Can I just by thru wdw web site?

You buy through Disney directly or any authorized resale company. If you have a blue card you can buy discounted APs only through Disney.

Tickets and rooms don’t link everything links to MDE. So you link it all there for FP at 60 to work and stuff.

Have you set up a MyDisneyExperience account? That is the first thing to do and that Disney site provides connections to buying tickets including the discounted and Gold APs for DVC members as long as you also have an online DVC account. If you are considering tickets other than an AP, I do not think there are currently any such tickets with a DVC discount, and you can buy them online through your MyDisneyExperience experience account or you might want to get a little discount and buy tickets through an authorized seller such as undercovertourist.com and link the tickets to your family members listed in your MyDisneyExperience account

Have you set up a MyDisneyExperience account? That is the first thing to do and that Disney site provides connections to buying tickets including the discounted and Gold APs for DVC members as long as you also have an online DVC account. If you are considering tickets other than an AP, I do not think there are currently any such tickets with a DVC discount, and you can buy them online through your MyDisneyExperience experience account or you might want to get a little discount and buy tickets through an authorized seller such as undercovertourist.com and link the tickets to your family members listed in your MyDisneyExperience account

Yes, this is how I was told to do it by a cast member when I made my reservation.

This maybe a dumb question but how does everyone buy park tickets as a dvc member? Booking first dvc stay and just wondering how to get my park tickets and linking them with my resort? Do I go thru member services? Can I just by thru wdw web site?
If you have your MDE website set up you can buy through there. In most cases buying through Undercover tourist (UT) will save you a little money or some people uses tickets at work. I have only used UT and they either send you an electronic ticket or a mail a real tix. From there you just log your ticket and assign it to individuals on you MDE account.

If you are going for multiple trips in a year then sometimes getting the DVC discount on the Gold AP is a bit of a saving but you can just buy the UT ticket and upgrade when you are at the park

You can also still use a travel advisor just for the tickets even if you’re not booking a room through them.

I know tickets are easy enough to purchase on your own, but getting them with a travel advisor means you’ll have someone to assist with dining reservations, fastpasses, tour reservations, or anything you’d like someone else to handle for you.

Member services will walk you through the whole thing and even link your tickets and help you book fast passes, they will walk you through it, and for the first time, I STRONGLY suggest you do this to avoid the frustration that can occur trying to navigate any disney website.

If you are traveling with someone in your party that is entitled to military tickets, those are an excellent deal. You will need to order them about 4 months ahead of your trip, and once they arrive, they will link into MyDisneyExperience. But the military person has to be on the trip, and they have to be activated at the park before or guest services at Disney Springs prior to park entry.

You buy through Disney directly or any authorized resale company. If you have a blue card you can buy discounted APs only through Disney.

Tickets and rooms don’t link everything links to MDE. So you link it all there for FP at 60 to work and stuff.

How do you link them together on MDE? I see my ticket in "Tickets and Passes" but it says that it's not linked when I try to book a FastPass?

Seelect My Plans in DME,on that main page you'll see icons for Family & friends, Resort Hotel, Park Tickets, Dining and FastPass+

Highlight the Park Ticket emblen and an option to link tickets should appear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter