how to book from usa

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi,

not sure how to book.....should we call DLP ressies or check with an agency around here or what??? do the deals really vary or are they about the same???

thanks for your help, wendy:Pinkbounc

Hi, we are booked to go to DLP in September. Not too many travel agents in US book regularly for US travellers to DLP. I find it much easier to call Disneyland Paris myself and call the USA number to get English-speaking cast member. The DLP summer brochure prices in US Dollars is pretty favorable. I find it easier to deal with the park itself because no deposit upfront (pay one month before arrival date), can cancel anytime up to one month before arrival, can make special request or get ressies right away, and no special promotions/incentives to book with a travel agent over DLP.

Checked out booking with an UK travel agency (Cresta & Bridge) but still cheaper to book directly with DLP because of currency exchange rate. My family is so excited to be able to stay at the Disneyland Hotel and the DLP package cost is very reasonable in light of the fact that Disneyland Hotel is comparable to Grand Floridian (which we can not afford to stay at).

Just buy one of those phone cards and dial: 011 33 1 60 30 60 81 and you should get an English-speaking CM. Don't forget to monitor the Disneyland Paris website for special promotions.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Cynthia:Pinkbounc

We always book direct too. It's much better IMHO and very easy, they speak perfect English.

Cynthia ~ The Disneyland knocks spots of the GF I think. It is smaller with more ambience and has a better location right above the park. The staff give 110% every time. You'll have a fantastic stay there ~ I promise! :)

Paula ~ 'Mrs Bubble Factory'

Think it's about time I registered myself!

I found the number to call for a room only reservation. From the US it is: 011 331 60 305 305
You may want to call and check the rate difference for staying on property.
When I was making my reservations from home, the reservations agent called me back so I wouldn't have to pay an expensive phone bill. I was very grateful for that, even though I do use a special access code to call overseas and it only costs about 10¢ a minute to call France. I do know that call to the UK are 5.9¢ a minute. PM me if you want more info on this service.

I was just there in Feb. for 2 nights. You can go to your local AAA office ( don't have to be a member to get info) and pick up a package brochure so you can see the different hotels and compare them. I also ordered a brochure from the www.disney.co.uk site, the prices are in British Pounds though. You can also compare the hotels on the official site www.disneylandparis.com/uk This will give you the site in english.
Depending on what time you arrive on Wed. morning you may not want to go to the Parks that day. The day we arrived, DH, DD8 and myself went to the parks, but our travelling companions did not. They had not flown to Eurpoe before and the flight from New York did them. I think you will have plenty of time on Thurs. and Fri. to see both parks. I beleive they sell a 3 day pass at the gate so that may be an option for you as well, if you want to go to the park on Wed. The reservation agent will be able to give you park prices for that time of year - their prices change depending on the season.
I hope this info helps you.

maybe you want to check www.dlp-guide.com to give you an idea about the hotels and ticket options, please keep the annual pass option in mind, it usually pays out after just 5 days and gives you nice discounts on food and merchandise !!!

Stephan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter