How to book Ezy shuttle from CDG to DLP

It definitely can vary with pricing and timing. For us the price will be lower on the TGV for 2 adults and 2 kids, especially if we get a Carte Enfant+ discount card for one child (because we'll have multiple train legs on our trip around France this makes $ sense). The timing works pretty well for us too, and we arrive in terminal 2 so its a <10 minute walk.

I'm sure for many people a shuttle seems more convenient and familiar, or works out to be cheaper or faster, and there's nothing wrong with that. For those unsure, its worth pricing both out and looking at time tables (on oui.scnf). Trains are cheapest when they first go on sale (3 months for regular TGV, 9 months for the Ouigo discounted line.) In fact the Ouigo times for our travel day in April are already sold out, so this is certainly a popular way to get to DLP.
Europe has a much better rail system than the US so taking public transit is always the starting point for our family, then we fill in with taxis/shuttles as needed. (In 5+ trips I can only think of a few times I've been in a car, its just not necessary.) In fact the TGV is one of the fastest trains in the world, when I visited in high school it was a highlight of the trip. I'm pretty excited they put a TGV route just to DLP. There's something very cool about traveling at 225 mph, especially for American kids who've never done that at home.

This TGV route is not just from the airport to DLP - its a long distance train and just happens to call at Marne la Vallee (DLP) as its first stop after leaving the airport.

Good point! I figured that was the case.
Its good to keep that in mind, its not like it is a full train of Disney-destined families. :earboy2: Kind of like the SWA flights from Oakland to Anaheim, which are not at all dedicated to DLR but usually have several Mickey-eared wearing passengers in either direction. On our first DL trip I surprised my kids, and the moment they realized where we were going was on the airplane when the pilot announced "Happy Birthday to <stranger kid's name> they're on their way to Disneyland!" Same with Orlando flights of course, although on those its like 90% WDW.

Here is a dumb question but when you get on the RER what do you do with your luggage? We are going to need to take the train from Marne le Valley to Paris to get to our airbnb. I am hoping once we get that booked I can get one close to a metro station so we don't need to use a taxi but is there a place to stow bags or do we just kind of hold them next to us? We aren't bringing huge bags but they certainly aren't carry on size either as we will be there almost 2 weeks and my daughter is going for 2 months. Also we will be taking the TGV from Paris to Toulouse so I am assuming since it is a longer distance train they perhaps take your bags and put them in a baggage compartment?

Here is a dumb question but when you get on the RER what do you do with your luggage? We are going to need to take the train from Marne le Valley to Paris to get to our airbnb. I am hoping once we get that booked I can get one close to a metro station so we don't need to use a taxi but is there a place to stow bags or do we just kind of hold them next to us? We aren't bringing huge bags but they certainly aren't carry on size either as we will be there almost 2 weeks and my daughter is going for 2 months. Also we will be taking the TGV from Paris to Toulouse so I am assuming since it is a longer distance train they perhaps take your bags and put them in a baggage compartment?

On the RER you would hold them with you. Its similar to taking the subway from the airport in many US cities.
On the TGV for most trains there are luggage storage areas above and between the seats. There is no luggage check/porter type service on the intercity TGVs that I'm aware of. We typically travel pretty light in Europe for this reason, we're usually moving from city to city. But the racks should be large enough for a big suitcase if your daughter needs one. You may want to consider seating on the first level not the second. Its apparently not too hard to get up the wide/shallow steps with hand luggage, but might not be worth the view if her suitcase is very heavy. (Last I rode the TGV they were single story so I'm going by others feedback.)
A great resource for train layouts in Europe is https://www.seat61.com/ he has pictures and seating maps of most routes. Helpful if you are buying a ticket and planning your seat too.

On the RER you would hold them with you. Its similar to taking the subway from the airport in many US cities.
On the TGV for most trains there are luggage storage areas above and between the seats. There is no luggage check/porter type service on the intercity TGVs that I'm aware of. We typically travel pretty light in Europe for this reason, we're usually moving from city to city. But the racks should be large enough for a big suitcase if your daughter needs one. You may want to consider seating on the first level not the second. Its apparently not too hard to get up the wide/shallow steps with hand luggage, but might not be worth the view if her suitcase is very heavy. (Last I rode the TGV they were single story so I'm going by others feedback.)
A great resource for train layouts in Europe is https://www.seat61.com/ he has pictures and seating maps of most routes. Helpful if you are buying a ticket and planning your seat too.

Thank you!

We used Ezyshuttle... just email Jon... and he will help you with the rest... They took great care of us... and we are looking forward to using them again this year... or next year when we head back to Paris...

Very professional, and really nice, and we can not say enough about how great of a experience we had with both drivers... and both drove very safely...

We used Ezyshuttle... just email Jon... and he will help you with the rest... They took great care of us... and we are looking forward to using them again this year... or next year when we head back to Paris...

Very professional, and really nice, and we can not say enough about how great of a experience we had with both drivers... and both drove very safely...
Thank you I did email him and we are all booked!! :)

Based on the many positive reviews for Ezyshuttle, we'll probably use them for our group of four adults going in Sept. Do you usually tip the driver? I've read tipping is much rarer in Europe, and I don't know the tipping customs over there.
Thanks!

Based on the many positive reviews for Ezyshuttle, we'll probably use them for our group of four adults going in Sept. Do you usually tip the driver? I've read tipping is much rarer in Europe, and I don't know the tipping customs over there.
Thanks!

Yes we did tip our drivers, as well as the tour guides, in most restaurants, taxi and Uber drivers, and on our dinner cruise... While it was never expected or even a hint of an expectation. It was very much appreciated each time...

Tip, in cash to the servers, driver, guides, bell men, bartenders.... directly.... we found that there is not a place to add in a tip on most credit card slips...and were told that the person will not get it, so to tip in cash. I had read this a few times, I asked the concierge, to change some 50 dollar euros for smaller ones for tipping our bellman, she did and then sorta filled us in to tip directly to the person we wanted to get the tip...

If we stopped to have a glass of wine at a cafe', we might have tipped a couple of Euro's, for nice dinner's we tipped more, 20% for the drivers, driving over there is chaos and well deserved. We did a small group tour to Versailles, our guide picked us up at the hotel, did a really great job taking us through the palace, and brought us back to the hotel safely...there were 4 couples on the tour, we tipped 20 euro's for the both of us, and only one couple did not tip, and they were the couple that almost got left at Versailles, as they were late returning to the van and we were pulling out of the parking lot when they showed up and had to run.

Does everyone tip the drivers 20% as stated above? What is considered customary in France for a private shuttle tip? Thank you!

Thanks everyone for the information! I'm also trying to figure out transporting from GDG to DLP in September. We were considering the Magical Shuttle, but our flight arrives at 6am and the shuttle apparently starts at 9. I'm hoping to find an alternate solution, so we don't have to wait that long. We are traveling from the US, and we don't speak French (I've been trying to learn some basics). Maybe between four adults, we can set up one of our phones to use internationally. It seems like a phone will definitely be needed for any private transfer service, right? I'm just trying to find the easiest solution for us traveling around with all our luggage.

I'm considering Ezyshuttle.com based on these recommendations, but their website is throwing me off a bit. I tend to determine the validity and trustworthiness of a company by their website, and theirs does not instill confidence. Still, the recommendations on here help. So many things to consider...

Please don’t be put off by their website. We’ve just returned from another successful trip. All the drivers speak English, the company is owned by John, who is Irish. I always email them direct to book and have had nothing but perfect service. You don’t need a phone to use them but it may help if you need to contact them for any reason. I honestly can’t speak highly enough of them and I don’t recall ever reading a poor review of their service.

Please don’t be put off by their website. We’ve just returned from another successful trip. All the drivers speak English, the company is owned by John, who is Irish. I always email them direct to book and have had nothing but perfect service. You don’t need a phone to use them but it may help if you need to contact them for any reason. I honestly can’t speak highly enough of them and I don’t recall ever reading a poor review of their service.

Same here...I can only say awesome things about them. They are very reliable and saftly drivers.

By the way: The drivers will bring you to DLP not the Website.

:moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter