How to book adr without listing all the guests names?

married2mm

DIS Veteran
im sure I read this was possible-
However, I’ve been playing on the app and it keeps highlighting in red for guest details...

I’m a total technophobe
Therefore, if it is indeed possible-
Please explain very slowly :thanks:

I don't recall ever having to put in guest names when making an ADR. Just the number of guests.

This. As a solo, I often book for 2 because some of the restaurants (looking at you in particular 'Ohana) don't like single person parties. I've never had to put a name in. (And actually other than 'Ohana, I'll usually modify it down to 1 just in case it's some weird set-up where I'd be at a table for 1 and someone else could have the other spot person-wise.)

The only thing I could think is if it's something requiring pre-payment? I haven't done any of those, so I don't know.

I booked a bunch of ADRs for 4 with only my name in the drop down box. I didn't have to add anyone else.

I went back later and added the names in MDE once we were certain we weren't going to change anything.

It seems weird that you can't.

It is just my husband and myself usually and I never add him to our ADRs, I am way too lazy to compete that extra step, I just don't select anyone in the drop down and go on to the next screen.

On the APP it never asks me for names, I just put in how many and it notes X number of guests.

On my computer it has my name automatically as guest 1 and then shows drop downs for each add'l guest. Sometimes I drop in the names, sometimes I don't as it doesn't make me.

I actually just booked an ADR on the APP on my phone, never asked.

Are you sure you are logged in and it's not just asking for your information?

On the APP it never asks me for names, I just put in how many and it notes X number of guests.

On my computer it has my name automatically as guest 1 and then shows drop downs for each add'l guest. Sometimes I drop in the names, sometimes I don't as it doesn't make me.

I actually just booked an ADR on the APP on my phone, never asked.

Are you sure you are logged in and it's not just asking for your information?

I believe it is an option on the website. I skip it and just put the number of people.

****update****

Today I was unable to access mde at all to book ADR's
Eventually spoke to someone & managed to book over the phone.

During conversation -cm said, 'yes,sometimes the site is a little off!'

:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!