How to Book a Trip with two contracts?

smith365

Mickey's World
Hello,

Newbie question here. I have two contracts Oct and Dec use years. How do I use points from each to book a trip? I can't seem to figure it out. The trip is 154. I have Banked 10+75 allocated for 2019 and banked 50+ 50 allocated for 2019. I would want to drain the 2nd contract 1st for 100 points then use the other one.

Thanks

Jeff

You need to transfer from one to the other. And wait until the 7 month window to book. Having 2 UYs is a bit of a pain, especially when both are so small.

You need to transfer from one to the other. And wait until the 7 month window to book. Having 2 UYs is a bit of a pain, especially when both are so small.
You can’t transfer banked points. The best that the OP can do is transfer 54 points from the 10+75 contract into the 50+50 contract, but that leaves 10 banked points in the other contract.

As an alternative, the OP could book a single night using the 10+75 contract and then the other nights using the 50+50 contract. If more points are needed to complete the second reservation they can transfer in what they need from whatever remains in the 10+75. Then, just ask MS to note the two reservations as a continuing stay. They cannot be merged, even if owned by the same person, because of their separate UYs. This strategy takes care of the 10 banked points, allowing any leftover points in that contract to be banked into the next year.

Thanks I get it now. Therefore to use banked points in each contracts, I have to book two reservations and have DVC link them so I wont change rooms.

Two different UY means you have two memberships. That means you have to book each as it’s own unless you transfer points from one to the other. However, those points can’t be banked and once transferred, can’t be borrowed. Transferred points retain all their same dates and can’t be booked online.

As mentioned, the easiest way is to book part of your stay with each and then have MS note each reservation on the other so the resort knows it’s one continuous groups stay!

What if it was same UY 100pts at SSR and 100pts at GCA (nothing bank or borrow). Would I be able to book a 200pt stay at GCA at the 11month ? Or only be able to book 100pt stay at GCA at the 11month mark and have to wait until the 7month mark to see if I can get another 100pt of stay at GCA?

What if it was same UY 100pts at SSR and 100pts at GCA (nothing bank or borrow). Would I be able to book a 200pt stay at GCA at the 11month ? Or only be able to book 100pt stay at GCA at the 11month mark and have to wait until the 7month mark to see if I can get another 100pt of stay at GCA?

the second option. 100 point stay at GCA (?) at the 11 month mark and then at the 7 month mark, use the 100 points from SSR to book another SSA stay.

Points never change their home resort so if you own two resorts but same UY, they can each be used at their own resort during the home resort advantage but at 7 months, can be used together to book any resort.

Points never change their home resort so if you own two resorts but same UY, they can each be used at their own resort during the home resort advantage but at 7 months, can be used together to book any resort.
Yes! We own HH and VB, both UY June. At 7 months, we can book a WDW resort using points from both contracts. I usually call MS to make sure my VB points and the banked points are used first. I haven't booked online yet, so I'm not sure how easy it is to choose which points to use.

Yes! We own HH and VB, both UY June. At 7 months, we can book a WDW resort using points from both contracts. I usually call MS to make sure my VB points and the banked points are used first. I haven't booked online yet, so I'm not sure how easy it is to choose which points to use.

Very easy. They let you choose which contract to do first and then second. I have both BWV and SSR in my Dec UY, and always choose SSR first at 7 months.

Here is some more info. I called and asked to link the two reservations. There is nothing online at the DVC website that states it was done. When you link one of the reservation to your Disney Experience, it shows both in your plans.

Here is some more info. I called and asked to link the two reservations. There is nothing online at the DVC website that states it was done. When you link one of the reservation to your Disney Experience, it shows both in your plans.
Yes. I think the original (first booked?)res number becomes the one for both? I’ve done this via chat before as well. Easy.

Linking simply has a connector between the two reservations so yes, it is still 2 different reservations and you want to verify upon check in that they have seen that and have you in the same room fo the entire stay. Only combining reservations makes it into 1 reservation and that can only be done i the reservations are in the same membership

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!