How to book a package when adding a person midstay?

SarahD112

Mouseketeer
Our family of four would like to book a package for a week in October, but my college age son will only be there for the second half of the week. We may add a second room when he arrives, so I would just book him individually. But if we try to stick to one room...how do we do it? I don’t want two separate packages (first half, second half) because tickets get cheaper the longer you stay, don’t they? Or is that a thing of the past? Haven’t booked a Disney trip in 5 or 6 years, maybe more. Appreciate any help!

Book the longer staying group and then add your son for whatever days he plans to join. If you’re concerned about logistics it’s worth calling and talking to someone for piece of mind :) good luck and enjoy!

You can book the package with the people who are staying the entire time, purchase your son's tickets separately and, when you arrive at the resort, simply tell the front desk that your son will be joining you and for which nights. At that point, you can add Magical Express for him so he can get back and forth to the airport. If your son is 18 or older and there are already two adults in the room, prepare to be charged an extra adult fee.

Is there a reason you want the package vs. room and tickets separately? If not...

If you book room only, just book him for the entire time. Disney won't care if she shows up late.

Then, you can just get the tickets that everyone needs. This is the simplest way.

If you have other reasons to book the package instead, then don't include him in the initial booking. After arrival, go to the front desk and tell them your son will be coming, and ask to add him to the reservation then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter