How to bide your time until your next trip...

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
So how do you guys use your time up until your next trip?
278 long days for us (countdown widget, I'm not at the sad point of counting on my fingers) and by this point poor AJ from DFB is failing to surprise me with any of her 'surprising things about Disney' videos, I already know everything on the menu everywhere and DH is sick of hearing about rope drop.
I may have a problem.

Am I the only one???

Heading to the world this December over Christmas . It has been hard to be patient and wait!! We havent been at.Christmas time in a long time because of work. I spend time on the Disboards finding helpful tidbits. Also rethinking my adrs multiple times over!! :oops: I too have been watching a lot of You Tube videos. Sometimes the videos make me more impatient!!!

After next weeks trip, it will be 2 years before we go back. We are skipping a year to save up more because it will be a special trip and we are going to upgrade our resort and do some add ons that we normally don't do. And, hopefully stay 10 days. In the meantime, I will still watch the youtube videos and keep up on progress of the things that are in the works.

ooooh - youtube videos... i hadn't thought about that. LOL!!

we are going in May 2020 and I'm already beside myself with longing.... we went last year but it feels like forever ago... we are a DVC family that goes every 2 years. Next year's trip is special because we finally talked my parents into joining us, and my brother's family will be making the trip as well. My parents haven't been since we were little. My brother has never taken his family there. So, it will prove to be a fun and interesting trip! I've already started a group text with all of them and my DH is worried I may overwhelm them with my daily Disney updates!!! 😂

Nice to know I'm not the only one driving my DH crazy with updates. I tend to yell out things like "There's a new limited cupcake!" At least daily. To get me to calm down a bit we do movie nights. Once a week until the trip we're going to watch a Disney/Pixar movie together and make it a date night. It gives me something each week to look forward to.

Watching YouTube videos, these boards, helping family or friends with their trip questions. Planning and researching possible itineraries for next trip. Booking my trips no longer then 1 year apart if possible. Following Disney news (new restaurants,rides and update info).

When the kids were little we made a countdown calendar and watched Disney movies a couple of times a week before we flew out. ❤️ I’m the biggest Disney fanatic in the house and I’m planning the next trip, with or without family! 🤣 We arrive for a short stay at FW Campgrounds tickets for 3 days, and I can’t do a thing to prep for that so I’m planning my hopeful July 2020 trip! 😅

The way I bide my time till my next trip is to watch Disney vlogs on YouTube, listen to all the Disney World stations on TuneIn Radio, listen to the music from the parks on D-Cot or YouTube, and DisBoards of course!

And now the wait begins......we just got back almost 2 weeks ago and the countdown is on. We are in the neighborhood of 700 days out until our next trip. We are skipping next Summer to do a trip for the 50th in 2021 and do an upgraded hotel and some add ons.

So how do you guys use your time up until your next trip?
278 long days for us (countdown widget, I'm not at the sad point of counting on my fingers) and by this point poor AJ from DFB is failing to surprise me with any of her 'surprising things about Disney' videos, I already know everything on the menu everywhere and DH is sick of hearing about rope drop.
I may have a problem.

Am I the only one???
I am lucky enough to go whenever I want, living 30 minutes away, but when I didn't live in Florida, I watch podcast after podcast, POV ride videos, joined groups on FB for my month to visit, researched airfare, stalked etsy for custom clothing, deciding which restarant to visit and memorize the menu's and just saved as much money as I could.

After spending the first part of August (three days of tickets with park hoppers, one day of rest in between, then an additional day at FW) in the Disney bubble 😍 I'm crazy eager to go back!!! I turn 45 next July so I'm hoping an end of July trip 2020 is possible! I'm going to write the trip report for our short Disney trip, and start daydreaming/planning for the next one! 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!